“Quite nice and enjoyed it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel 115 Kew

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel 115 Kew to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel 115 Kew
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Cotham Street, Kew, Boroondara, Victoria 3101, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kew
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maryborough, Australia
“Quite nice and enjoyed it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We purchased a "Our Deal" voucher for 2 nights at this hotel and must say we were quite satisfied with what we got. We stayed in room 116, the room was very clean and tidy well furnished and complete with a big comfy KS bed plus a nice range of pillows. The bathroom was quite large, good lighting, and had a fantastic shower which was so refreshing after trudging around Melb all day. The TV /entertainment unit was different, and much better, than a lot of the usual hotel entertaiment units and it was very user friendly.
we also had the use of free WiFi supplied by the hotel and it had a very good reception and it just suited our needs us to a tee.
The reception staff were so polite and friendly and were a credit to Best Western, nothing was a bother and it was so pleasurable dealing with them.
The brewhouse restaurant and Bar is part of the hotel and although the menu looked great we thought it was slightly over priced, but I guess if you had an expense account, or you could afford $38 for a steak then I'm sure you would love it.
The bar itself was great with some wonderful craft beer on hand served by efficient, and knowledgeable bar staff, also I must say the $5 pints at happy hour (4pm to 5.30 pm) were greatly appreciated and went down a treat (that's until the noise drove me out on Fri night).
Now the bad news.... Although the room had a nice size balcony, the views from it were of the grubby backyards and roofs of the adjoining houses, not pretty :score 3/10.....
Also on arrival it was very hard to book in at reception, there were " No parking, Tow Away" signs on A4 sheets stuck around the area near the door so we drove out again and finished up parking down some back street then had to walk to reception area to book in (If I was a casual seeking accomodation I wouldn't have bothered) :Score 3/10.....
Finally a message to the gentleman at reception who I asked for a newspaper to be delivered to room 116 on the friday morning... You took note of my room number and assured me it' s as good as done but alas..."You forgot my bloody paper!".....1/10
All up it was a great experience, we just left the car with the valet service (another $15 a night )
and caught the 109 tram across the road to wherever we wanted to go...saves the stress of driving and parking and was great fun:)
All up we had a great 2 nights at BW 115 Kew and would gladly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: 116 was very quiet and suited us well.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband & I recently had a weekend away in this modern, luxurious hotel. Almost brand new in every way. Much nicer than even the best hotels we have stayed at located in the CBD. A short tram ride takes you straight in to Melbourne & its away from the noise & hustle & bustle. On arrival we were greeted by friendly & helpful staff who checked us in smoothly & looked after our bags. The room was gorgeous, with a huge king bed, sofa, desk & an armchair. All the finishes were 5 star & all the mod cons to make our stay enjoyable. Even a computer & Wi-Fi !!

We had dinner on the Saturday night at the hotel restaurant, 115 Grill & Brewhouse which was fabulous. Great food & atmosphere.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone as a perfect alternative to the city, it is modern & the restaurant caters for everybody. The staff are fantastic, couldn't do enough for us during our stay.

We will definitely be back for the hotel & the great food!! Maybe even bring the kids as I believe they also have apartments at reasonable prices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cuneo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

You travel all the way from Italy to Australia. Over 24 hour trip. You badly need a bed, whatever. But this time it’s not just a hotel bed, waiting for you. Good service at the front desk. Ok, this is not Asia, where in good hotels someone is taking care of your luggage, and sending it to your room. But a quick, efficient check-in is the business card of an expected good stay.

The room is big, nice and clean, no smell of whatsoever. You open the balcony, just in time to enjoy the dusk of Down Under. Then it’s time for some dinner. I usually don’t like eating in hotel restaurants. Plain food, sometimes a rip-off, or unacceptable level of service compared to real restaurants.

Nothing like that, here. Although the restaurant is booked solid for an event, the maitre suggest if I’d like to sit at the pub. With a stunning sight, thru a glass wall, on the brewery vats. A wide choice of witty remarks and aphorisms about drinking beer written on the glass. I mean the wall, not where you drink the beer from.

Enjoy a lager! That’s my taste of beer. Chilled and savoury. A nice steak to go together. I’m happy, tired and ready for bed. And the people in the pub / restaurant are kind and careful, nothing goes wrong despite the crowd.

Maybe it’s the long flight, maybe my habit of sleeping around the world in much worse situations, maybe it’s really the comfort of the room. I sleep like a baby and the morning after I’m ready to go for my business, as if I were here for a forthnight already and not since barely one day. No jetlag. Just fine.

No worries, mate. Go for it. 115 Kew it’s a place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Derry, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We bought a groupon type deal for two nights in this hotel. It was fantastic, so much better than we thought it was going to be. The room was super clean and modern. Also very spacious and the bed was super comfortable. Internet was complimentary and the tv with internet and ipod doc were great.The staff were really friendly. Public transport is right on the doorstep of the hotel and we meet a local on the tram back to the hotel that suggested we try out the coffee shop 'CRU' on the sidestreet across from the hotel on the right hand side.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

When I booked this hotel from England, I was mistakenly under the impression that it was closer to the City and was disappointed to find that it was not. However, the 109 tram goes from just up the road straight to Collins Road in the CBD and is regular and easy to use. We were there for three days and went backwards and forwards several times without any difficulty at all. The comparable City Centre hotels I am sure would be much more expensive and the PREMIER Best Western is definitely the 4.5 stars that it claims to be. Our room was large with a beautifully comfortable bed, a large flat screen tv, loads of cupboard and wardrobe space, a great tea/coffee making area and a fabulous bathroom with, I think, probably the best shower I have ever had. Also has the benefit of a powerful hair dryer and big towels.

The staff at the hotel, without exception, were polite, courteous and extremely helpful.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant and whilst it did not set the world alight it was a good breakfast with freshly cooked eggs - always a bonus. For $19 per person it seemed decent value although overall, as Brits, we have found Australia expensive. We had one bar meal which was good.

There is not a huge reception area and my only negative comment on this hotel is that I think they would benefit from injecting a bit of colour and brighter lighting. The browns and silvers and soft lights are good but a little dreary. Also there is not, as yet, a great atmosphere as I think it is a fairly new hotel and has not built a clientele yet.

If you are travelling to Melbourne, want a comfortable, clean, modern hotel at a reasonable price and don't mind being a 25 minute tram ride from the city (really no big deal at all) then this is definitely the hotel for you. Thoroughly recommended and would we go there again? The answer is yes.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back section of hotel. Cotham Road at the front is a busy road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Last minute booking for the AFL Grand Final so choices were limited, but we were so glad we got a Booking here. Stunning room with so many unexpected bonuses. Staff were all so friendly and helpful. Trams that run straight into the city from the front door. I lost count of the times we said WOW! Hotel 115 will be our hotel for all our trips to Melbourne from now on.

• Stayed September 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had to fly to Melbourne and take four of my customers to the AFL match between Carlton and Essendon. I stayed at the Premier in Kew and what a nice place this is. Well appointed rooms with all the flashy gadgets and really good beds. There is a fully equipped gym and the meals are pretty good. The staff are very friendly and polite which you think would be the norm but unfortunately it isn't. So if you have to stay at that end of Melbourne I would definitely recommend this place to stay

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and especially quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel 115 Kew? Share your experiences!