“New Hotel Eastern Suburbs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel 115 Kew

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel 115 Kew to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel 115 Kew
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Cotham Street, Kew, Boroondara, Victoria 3101, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kew
Victoria Australia
“New Hotel Eastern Suburbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed at the new Best Western 115 Hotel Kew Melbourne which is a big improvement on the quality of accommodation in this area.The rooms are large and fitted out in a nice modern fashion. The hotel has a tram line at the front door and takes about 25 minutes to reach the Melbourne CBD. The staff are friendly and we had a major problem occur with our room at midnight and the staff quickly rectified the problem and discounted our room rate for the inconvenience caused etc. I thank all the staff and look forward staying again when next in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel 115 Kew, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear RexVictoriaAustralia,

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of the product that we have developed and as with any new build Hotel we will have our odd hiccup. The staff are the final key to the success of Hotel 115 and they geninuely want to look after your needs and of others and it is very satsifying to hear they are doing excatly this when a problem occurs. Once again thank you for being understanding and I look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

For a hotel that has just opened the experience was fantastic. Walked into the room which is modern yet has warmth, very comfortable bed, lush dark furnishings, amazing technology and a shower head which I wish I had at home. The views from the higher level apartments over the lights of the suburbs is beautiful, and so nice to be able to step onto a balcony for some fresh air..
Normally I am not a fan of hotel restaurants, but this was an exception - it has a lovely ambience. We started in the bar with a glass of wine and the waiter recommended a share plate, delicious! After a drink we moved into the restaurant and enjoyed some of the amazing cuisine they have on offer. The staff were delightful and very knowledgable about their wines and the food, and the food was very impressive and up there with some of the best restaurants in the city. Try the fish pie - sensational.
Certainly a hotel I will visit again and would recommend anyone to enjoy the bar and restaurant for a meal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here in June 2012, and was very impressed by the quality of the room and the bar downstairs. Staff were incredibly friendly and looked happy to be there and tell me about the hotel facilities. Being a new hotel, it still needs a few finishing touches, but I think they're well on their way to being a very impressive hotel. The room was spacious, so was the bathroom, with an amazing showerhead.There was also an outside balcony, which I didn't use (the weather in Melbourne - enough said!), but I'll definitely return and look forward to eating at the restaurant too.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have stayed at bw premier's over seas and this a standard that matches and betters is some areas. In particular is the top quality bed, decent shower head being double the size of my hand and little noise located at the rear which is was a treat being so close to the city centre. I was impressed with the use of technology which while still being implimented look forward to seeing it in full swing on next visit along with trying some brewed beer at the bar

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I normally stay in inner city 5* Hotels but saw that this place had just opened so I thought I'd give it a go.
I tell you what, I'm so glad that I did. The hotel is positioned in the perfect spot, close to everything you need.
My room was decorated very tastefully and had absolutely everything you could need including a mini mac.
After checking in I decided to go exploring and firstly found the hotels fantastic gym with all the best equipment. I then wandered into the bar which is on the opposite side of the restaurant to the reception area, what great feel it had, big long bench seats and even a small brewery behind windows. They offer a good selection of local and imported beers and have one of the most extensive wine lists I have come across.
My wife and I decided to stay and have dinner and are so glad that we did, it was one of the best meals I have ever had. I had linguini with clams and my wife had salmon, both of which were cooked to perfection. For dessert my wife had a crete brûlée and I had some beautiful Gorgonzola cheese.
Overall the whole experience of staying in this hotel was fantastic and I cant wait for my next trip to Melbourne so I can stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This brand new hotel is at a very convenient location. When I walked in, I was immediatley impressed with the stylish design. The service was friendly and helpful. When I got into my room, I was impressed with the comfortable furnishing. They have a rain forest shower head and oversized heavy bath towel. The bed was so comfortable - great mattress, soft and luxurious sheets. There is a balcony and it's great to have morning coffee out there. What's most impressive is the technology experience - 42" TV, Apple mini, and reliable high speed Internet. Their in-house restaurant - 115 Grill and Brewhouse, is fantastic. The food is creative without being over-engineered. I had the fried shrimp and calamari salad and lamp shank. They were wonderful. The owner has an extensive collection of Australian, New Zealand, Italian and French wines in a termperature controlled cellar (even Penfolds Grange). I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: They have suties with kitchnettes for extended stay.
Berwick, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My partner and I stayed @ 115 before the offical opening ,so there were a few unfinished touches.

That however didn't detract from our experiance.

First the room. It's nicely appointed ,with a comfy King bed with soft linen , big TV and fantastic shower head. If you face to the rear of the hotel and manage to stay on the 3rd floor you have great views out to the north. The one thing that we loved about the room above everything else was the quiet. The rooms are at rear of the property ,away from the main road (Cothem Rd) and face out to the back streets. We didn't hear a sound all night.

What made this hotel for us though was the restaurant and bar. There is a onsite brewery that isn't working yet ,but we'll be back when it is. We started off with drinks in the bar area. Prices are standard for most drinks. The staff were friendly and happy. They had a musician playing and he was very good.
We then had dinner and this is where 115 shines. I had an eye fillet steak and while I paid good money for it it was also on of the best steaks I've ever had. My partner had a fish pie ,which I also tried and I would have been happy to get that also.
Check out the wine list even if you don't drink wine. It is extensive. We had one of the staff recommend one for us and it was that good we had another.
Service was polite ,prompt and attentive.The ambience is stylish without beening exclusive. I'd be happy to go there just to have dinner.

This hotel is in a great location beening only minutes from the City and once it's opened up proper my partner and I plan on returning.

Room Tip: If you can get a top floor room facing the rear.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel 115 Kew? Share your experiences!