The room was booked by my husband's employer for a 2 night stay.
We are travelling with our 3 children and stayed in one of Quest kew's 3 bedroom serviced apartment.
- the apartment was dated and in much needed TLC.
- there was thick dust on top of the toilet roll holder suggesting limited cleaning,
- mould on the ceiling over the shower,
- grout in the shower needed scrubbing
- cafe style table outside was falling apart,
- nightstand lights were missing globes,
- the dishwasher didn't work,
- The "fully equipped kitchen" had no cutting implements, tongs or egg flip, the pans were so mis-shapen that we had to cook our meal in the oven because the pan would not heat.
- The taps all leaked constantly,
- We received a reminder call at 7.30am from reception for a taxi we never booked therefore the call became a "wake up" call,
- the mattresses were all old and visibly saggy in the middle "banana bed"
- the stove top was completely worn and it became a guessing game when switching on the stove knobs to see which element would heat.
- The front entry to the apartment had no latch and the door knob was low enough that my 2 year old could, and actually did open the front door and stand out on the landing. The landing at the top of the stairs has a railing and several loose wires strung between each supporting pole. Not at all safe for families.
NOW, the worst thing of all which is currently under investigation by higher management, is thus:
the receptionist handed a spare key to our apartment to one of my relatives without our permission. The reception staff didn't verify with us if the visitor was who he said he was - just gave him a key - no questions asked. The relative was visiting us at the hotel unannounced (we were not on the property at the time) All is well that ends well - however - it could have been a lot more sinister. We had personal papers, jewellery and my laptop all sitting in the room (which by the way, has no safe). When I aired my grievances, the manager told me that "we do it all the time" and that, "It has never been a problem" When I explained why I was upset that she could have potentially compromised our family security she was unrepentant and refused to acknowledge that her actions were naive in this "day and age".
Also, we had to sign a document accepting that we would forfeit $100 if we were to misplace or damage one of the hotel keys - she gave one to my relative, again no questions asked.
Will I stay here again ?
Well considering the state of the room and it's facilities, lack of room security and incompetant staff, I would have to ponder that one!
******AFTER FOLLOWING THROUGH WITH COMPLAINT PROCESS, THE OWNER OF QUEST KEW TELEPHONED ME WITHIN 24 HRS AND APPLOGISED FOR MY 'EXPERIENCE'. AS PART OF MY COMPLAINT RESOLUTION, THE MANAGER OF QUEST KEW OFFERED AND DELIVERED A VOUCHER FOR FUTURE ACCOMODATION AS WELL AS A SMALL GIFT IN COMPENSATION. THE MANAGER ALSO ASSERTED THAT WHAT I EXPERIENCED DURING MY STAY, WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN ON THE QUEST KEW PROPERTY******
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.