“To Die For -YUMMMMM” 5 of 5 stars

+61 (3) 9207 7477
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: St Katherine’s was opened in 2011 by Shane Delia and George Calombaris. For the long time friends, St Kat’s is a place where they have brought together their individual family histories, culture and cuisines – a marriage of ideas from Malta, Greece and Cyprus together with an influence from the Middle East. It’s this culmination of ideas will bring together a sexy sharing style ‘mezze’ menu. With its custom made Turkish grill, fourteen spike rotisserie and a wood fired oven, St Katherine’s guarantees a dining experience that is fresh, healthy and filled with flavoursome and affordable food that leaves you craving more.

Located in Kew, St Katherine’s offers the local community a restaurant that is both relaxed and warm. Kew, described by Shane as a "family friendly suburb," seemed like the perfect location for Shane and George to promote the ‘shared family table’ for a laid-back, family-friendly eating experience.

St Katherine’s features a shared chefs table and food designed by the kitchen daily and served ‘yum cha style’.
“To Die For -YUMMMMM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been lucky enough to have been here twice and both times were a delight.
The food is amazing and leaves your taste buds wanting more. Both times I have had te set menu and enjoyed everything even things I would normally pick. The KFC chicken is mouth watering. On both occasions I ave taken my 6 and 5 year old kids who have also enjoyed it. One the first time tey even got to go into the kitchen and make their own ice cream desert. It is a medium priced restaurant and think it is great value for what you get. The set menu leaves you do incredibly full.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Australia
“Fantastic for all types of diners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

For whom? We always end up buying the shared plates. St Cats is not daunted by the request of two of us wanting a vegetarian version while the others are into the fish and meat. Not only that but one of us was diabetic and the other lactose intolerant! Not a problem for them, couldn't be more helpful.

The food? Our vegetarian/lactose version was fabulous, better than the meatie-group if I dare say so! Yummy, interesting, heaps of it. The dips are out of this world, and the desserts....what can I say.

Staff? Attentive, quick, really helpful, nothing is too much trouble.

Timing? Our meal was prompt, no waiting around stuff but not so quick that you have to gulp down your last mouthful to make way for the next delicious morsel.

Downside? Well, it is noisy. The sound reverberates and it is a struggle to talk, and to listen, particularly for the more "mature" patrons. However, it depends where you sit - our last able was against a wall so all was good, no problem. Other issue? Prepare to roll home with a very full tummy and to not eat the next day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
gold coast
“Total enjoyment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great place to share plates with friends. Very professionally run, friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble. We all loved the food, fresh, tasty & good sized portions. We went for lunch & thoroughly enjoyed it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MAdE_Est, Owner at St Katherine's, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for your review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at St Katherine's.

Melbourne, Australia
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I'd heard negative things about this place, & had tried 3 times in the past to get in with no luck, so I was not feeling positive towards St Katherine's. Boy, was I wrong!

The service was great - friendly & helpful, not a bit pretentious as I'd been told they could be.

The food was delicious, and generous sized servings for sharing. We were told the serves were small (wrong!) so ordered 4 entrees, 4 mains, chips & salad to share between 4 adults - WAY TOO MUCH! 3 of each + chips & salad would have been plenty.

I can highly recommend the KFC (Katherine's Fried Chicken). Soft, juicy boneless pieces in crispy coating. Delicious! Also try the lamb dumplings - like lamb-filled gnocchi in creamy spicy sauce. Yum!

Will definitely be back - & make sure I book first!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MAdE_Est, Owner at St Katherine's, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at St Katherine's, especially the fried chicken and lamb dumplings.

Melbourne
“St Kat's - great spot for a "quickie":”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had lunch at St Katharine's recently, with an old business colleague.

My colleague had been there several times before and as time was short, he suggested we have the "express" lunch.

I was not sure what to expect but I can tell you it was very pleasant indeed. The food was delicious, varied, and great to eat.

The service was prompt and courteous. As you would expect the wine list etc., is extensive.

Unfortunately, being a bistro, it was noisy, but what more can you expect in all honesty?

I have promised my wife we will go there for for the more sumptuous lunch which I am sure will follow, if the experience from the "express" lunch is any criterion.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MAdE_Est, Owner at St Katherine's, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review.

We are thrilled that you and your colleague enjoyed your dining experience at St Katherine's.