“decent food but nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Established in 1991 family run restaurant with the love of good food and service, with big open spaces, different levels for enjoying Traditional Italian Cuisine. Great for small large family groups.
Melbourne, Australia
“decent food but nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had an ok meal but had to send mine back to be reheated. At around $10 my husbands pizza was ok, but at $22 my (initially cold) risotto was overpriced. On the plus side, our 2yr old was made welcome and my husband loved the motorbike leathers on display.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rosa S, Manager at Pino's Trattoria, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review us, we appreciate all your feedback and will be sure to share with my team. However I do apologise if your meal was not up to standard. But was happy to read you embraced the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Brisbane, Australia
“The Waitress Poked Me!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The restaurant - very busy
The food - not bad, but not great.
The service - the waitress was at our table taking our orders but I hadn't noticed her. So when my turn came, she poked me in the arm with the end of her pen! I turned to her and could not believe what she had just done! She offered half an apology but just asked me what i wanted. In the interest of not making a scene and just getting some food to the table, i placed my order and didn't make a scene. But i vowed to share that experience on a site like this.
She may not be working there anymore, but for that reason alone I'll never go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rosa S, Manager at Pino's Trattoria, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
An interesting review I had I to read it twice! I apologise if the behavior of my wait staff offended you and I am positive it was not meant to be at all taken in a rude manner I am sure she/he was only trying to gain your attention in a light hearted manner. I trust all my staff and am confident that they all behave professionally and courteously towards all our customers. However thank you for your review.
“How do they do it?..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Love this restaurant ! We have learnt from experience to get in early so do not have to wait in line. You can eat at your leisure and receive excellent service. See you next year!

Visited January 2014
Rosa S, Manager at Pino's Trattoria, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, during January our busiest period we always strive to maintain quality service and food and we appreciate all the feedback it give us encouragement to keep on going! Thank You.
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic service and delicious meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have been here plenty of times and we never walked away disappointed. The restaurant doesn't take any bookings, first come first serve basis. The service has always been very friendly and fast, the meals are authentic and delicious. The kids are always happy to be here and as a parent, as long as the kids are happy and well fed, we are happy too. There are few times we had to wait for a table to be available (coz they are so popular) but it normally doesn't take long, and it is all worth it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rosa S, Manager at Pino's Trattoria, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank You, we appreciate your feedback and for taking the time to review us. Hope to see you again in the Future.
North East England
“greedy owners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I know it's summer in the Southern Hemisphere hence the hundreds of people, however we were squeezed in like sardines last night with the servers hardly able to move between tables.
Staff were pleasant enough. Food average and we waited ages, almost to the point of leaving.
I would not recommend this to anyone unless you have a tribe of children with you as many had last night!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rosa S, Manager at Pino's Trattoria, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and all feedback is useful. I do feel however you are not aware of what we are about at Pino's Trattoria. We are a family run restaurant that have been on the Island for over 20 years we have always catered of large groups and majority of them yes families with children. We do our very best to cater for all groups large and small and this time of year our population grows from 10,000 to 40,000, we do not change anything about our restaurant in regards to have more bums on seats. This is our style and we see it as creating a buzzing, vibrant and alive dinning atmosphere.