“Honest food. Competitive pricing. Friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 40 restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Established in 1991 family run restaurant with the love of good food and service, with big open spaces, different levels for enjoying Traditional Italian Cuisine. Great for small large family groups.
Melbourne, Australia
“Honest food. Competitive pricing. Friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Marinara pizza and morten bug risotto are highly recommend. Yummy. The risotto migh not be al-den-te enough for Italian, but we like it. We found the chocolate tart serving is on the smaller side.

Visited July 2012

83% Recommend
“The best home made gnocchi and rocket salad in Australia!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Friendly service, great for kids looking forward to the nutella pizza!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rosa S, Owner at Pino's Trattoria, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Wow! thank you for your review!! We are very greatful to have such generous reviews about what we do here and it only drives us to continue doing what we love to do. Thank You!
Bayside, Australia
“Bustling Family Trattoria with something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great for a quick meal when the kids don't want to wait. We arrived at around 6pm on a Saturday night and a queue was forming at the door - a good sign that we were in the right place.

We were seated quickly and there was a good choice of wines and food on the menu.

I absolutely enjoyed my Veal Saltimboca with "smashed' broccoli - three pieces of tender veal with proscuitto atop a mound of garlic broccoli and a lemony beurre blanc sauce - yum!. My 7 year old daughter loved the arrancini - crisp rice balls filled with italian veg and mozzarella in napoli sauce. My friend's pumpkin gnocchi disappeared before I could sample it, and her son's pizza look fabulous and was virtually inhaled. With a great bottle of wine and a couple of drinks for the kids, the bill came to $97 for 4 people. Pretty good value I'd say.

Not the place for a romantic night perhaps, but a great friendly welcome and good honest Italian fare.

Visited July 2012
Rosa S, Manager at Pino's Trattoria, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for your very detailed review i loved reading it! I was very pleased to know that you all enjoyed your experience with us, i can see that you also selected some of our signature dishes!! Thank you again for taking the time to review us and hope to see you back again.
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Italian food in Cowes and excellent value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Pinos was very very good. Great food, great service, and at a great price!

My wife and I dined here on a Sunday night. Yes it wasn't very busy at about 50%, but we were seated straight away and served promptly.

The prices were about average but very reasonable. We had pizza and pasta and was the nicest Carbonara we've had in a long time! Pizza was great as well!

Thank you for a great experience. We will bring our friends and family back next time!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rosa S, Owner at Pino's Trattoria, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank You for your review, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your meals & experience with us and that you will spread the word to your family and friends. We also appreciate the photos you have uploaded, they look great!
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Place in Cowes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Visited Pino's on a cold winter night following a long day trip to the island. Had pretty high expectations for this pizza joint and it lives up to it. From the moment I walked I the door sourcing a takeaway menu I was promptly greeted, shown a menu and welcomed to direct any queries I had to the guy making the pizzas who also prompty greeted me politely. After sussing out the sizes and prices I decided to go a large with the lot and was surprised when it was ready to eat in only 10 minutes. It turned out to be really awesome. Flavour central on this pizza. Only compliant was that it was on the smaller side of a large pizza so if you are hungry up it to a family size.
Highly recommend a Pinos pizza for a relaxed night in with a bottle of wine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere