“Another disappointing deal...” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Melbourne, Australia
“Another disappointing deal...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I bought a Groupon voucher for 4 people to visit this restaurant.The deal was for 5 shared courses. I tried to book via email but recievd not response. I followed up with a phone call to which there was no return call. I finally complained to Groupon and then I received a call from the restaurant so that I could make a booking. In relation tot he 5 courses, I don't mind sharing but there needs to be enough food for all, not tiny, stingy bits of food that one has to divide and cut in half to share or taste. I found the food fairly ordinary, nothing special at all. I provided a copy of the groupon voucher but that wasn't sufficient, they wanted to see the original email which I had to download and access via my iphone. I felt I was being made out to be some sort of liar or thief because the printed voucher wasn't sufficient in some way. The service was very slow and we needed to repeat our order several times.Overall, not a very pleasant experience. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Dirty, average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

$7 corkage.

We had groupon voucher which was $39 for five courses. We were still hungry. 5 courses were tiny and shAred between two people. Ie that's 5 tiny dishes in total shared amongst 2 people.

Toilets filthy

Food bland

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food presentation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Using a scoopon we visited on a Thursday night. About half full, and steadily being replaced as tables became free. Food was great and we enjoyed every course. The starter of Golden Crispy Wontons, were just that and I had the Apple Chaat which was a new taste for a starter with the apple giving it a sweet twist. The goat curry was as tender as could be and just enough spices to be hot, but still tasty. My wife loved her lamb shank and with one choc pot and two spoons we did battle over the desert. The presentation of each meal was excellect. The prices are reasonable with mains in the $18 to $28 range and sweets $8-$9.50. Nice area out the back for a warm summer night. I will go back.

• Visited December 2012