“Everything, including the kitchen sink!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dolphin Apartments

You added The Dolphin Apartments to your Saves list
The Dolphin Apartments
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2 Thomson Street, Apollo Bay, Victoria 3233, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne
“Everything, including the kitchen sink!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Dolphin apartments is the perfect place to stay. It would be fantastic to see this type of accommodation around more often. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Will stay again, if we're down that way again. What a credit to Apollo Bay.

• Stayed June 2014
Emily M, Manager at The Dolphin Apartments, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Jayne F,
Thank you for your glowing review of The Dolphin Apartments. It is very pleasing to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the accommodation.
We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you back in the area soon.
Warm regards
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Best place . Very helpful staff. The room had everything we needed .
Everything was so clean and neat . It would be the perfect place if had a cafe or a restaurant .
The whole town of Apollo Bay don't have a decent place to eat pretty rubbish all the places we tried . You might deliver our comments to the places you suggest your customers to go and have a meal.
Apart of that loved The Dolphin apartments .
Definetely reccomend it !! See you soon !!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Salpi4,

Thank you for your positive review of The Dolphin Apartments. I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy all of your experiences in Apollo Bay.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Broome, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I purchased a groundfloor two bedroom apartment for my family to stay in. as my father hasn't been well I searched for something that would be comfortable for him and my mother and sister. I haven't personally stayed in the apartment, but my mother rang to tell me that she was very happy with my choice she told me that it was spotless and that it was perfect for their needs. they stayed for two nights and loved it. my mother has since told me that nothing could compete to the standards of the dolphin apartments so everywhere else they went was a disappointment. I hope to go there myself in august.

Room Tip: groundfloor great for older people
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Emily M, Manager at The Dolphin Apartments, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Good morning Kim T,
Thank you for your five star review on behalf of your family who stayed with us in June.
We are very glad to hear the apartment was suitable for your family's needs and they enjoyed their time in the area.
We look forward to welcoming you to Apollo Bay and The Dolphin Apartments very soon.
Safe travels
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed at the Dolphin Apartments in Apollo Bay and it won't be the last. We were taking our overseas friends to the 12 Apostles and originally chose Apollo Bay as a good place for a day trip to this tourist landmark. This time we booked a room with a seaview which I would recommend. The rooms were clean and spacious and having a small lounge and dining area was certainly a bonus especially when watching the World Cup in the early hours of the morning. The staff at the Dolphin were very friendly and helpful.
Would happily recommend this accommodation to anyone looking to stay in Apollo Bay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Emily M, Manager at The Dolphin Apartments, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear PaulK,
Thank you for your five stay review of The Dolphin Apartments following your second stay with us recently.
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review as we find a number of our guests read reviews such as yours before making a final decision.
I am really glad you enjoyed your time in the area and found Apollo Bay and The Dolphin Apartments suitable for your visit to the 12 Apostles with your international guests.
Thank you once again for your positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Myself and my wife enjoyed our stay. It was clean and tidy but we found that the amenities were extremely poor quality, particularly the TV in the bedroom, which didn't have all the channels and half of the picture was cut off. More appropriate mood lighting within the living space would be nice, and lastly a gripe I have with all accommodation apart from a select few that we have stayed in is the tea and coffee provided is always the cheapest available in Nescafe Blend 43 (I'd rather drink warmed water from a muddy puddle) and Lipton's, it surely isn't too hard to offer a better selection, especially for the price paid to stay. It's these little things that get neglected that can make all the difference to your customer's experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear N1gel2014
Thank you for your review of The Dolphin Apartments.
We appreciate your feedback as we are constantly reviewing our standards in order to improve on our guests experience.
We are in the process of replacing some of the bedroom televisions to ensure all guests receive all channels available.
Your comments regarding the tea and coffee provided will certainly be taken into consideration for our next purchases.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Dolphin Apartments in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights at Dolphin in April. Our third stay and just as impressive.
Such a comfortable and clean apartment, very well maintained with modern features.
The staff at Dolphin are always obliging and very friendly. We stayed in a Seaview level apartment and loved sitting on the balcony with a view of the water. Very close to the beach, just a couple of minutes to the water's edge. A few minutes more to the centre of the town. It is great to be able to leave the car behind and go out for a morning stroll and then coffee at one of the many cafes.
Lots to do and see if you wish to visit the Otways for walks and waterfalls. The drive to Apollo Bay along the Great Ocean Road is one of the most spectacular in Australia.
We were there on Anzac Day and attended the Service, very well attended and very moving.
Wonderful location and a super apartment.
We love Apollo Bay (and Dolphin) as our 'beach' holiday destination and will always return. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LizzieMelbourne

Thank you for your 5 star review of The Dolphin Apartments. It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you back a third time in April. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your review, we find a number of our guests read reviews such as yours, before making their final decision.
I am very pleased that you enjoy the location of our apartments in proximity to the beach and shops. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the apartments and do our best to help our guests in any way we can.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Dolphin Apartments and Apollo Bay in the near future.
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I didn't actually stay at the apartments but I thought I would share my very positive experience of Dolphin. I was staying near Apollo Bay and needed to internet access in a quiet location for a Skype interview. Mike the owner was kind enough to let me use the penthouse suite free of charge for 1.5 hours. The room was beautiful, spacious, light and had a fantastic view of the ocean.
As I say I did not stay - but given the generosity of the owners to my situation, I would say you are guaranteed a welcoming stay in modern clean apartments. Thanks again guys!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Wilkiwak
Thank you for your review.
We were happy to assist you with your requirement for internet for a short period of time.
I am glad you enjoyed the spacious setting of the penthouse.
Good luck in your ventures and we look forward to welcoming you to stay with us next time you are in Apollo Bay.
Resident Manager

Been to The Dolphin Apartments? Share your experiences!