Stayed for two nights after reading reviews and checking the web site.
Our excitement turned to disappointment when we saw the unit. For a start a large car cannot fit into the carport. The unit had no washing machine or dryer as stated on the web site. The spa was so covered in mould we thought better of using it. The dish washer has been repaired with a piece of wood. I am sure that's healthy. The only a/c is upstairs in the hallway so you have to sleep with the bedroom door open and the hall has no blinds so room was light. As the bathroom is downstairs make sure you don't need to use during the night as the staircase is a killer. The fire place didn't even have matches. The cobwebs in the bathroom look weeks old. This place is very overrated. If your in Apollo bay I am sure you can do better. We won't be staying here again ever and we didn't even get out view or here the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OVERNIGHT AND HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATIONRayville Boat Houses provides overnight and holiday accommodation in fully self-contained deluxe villas with a nautical theme on the ocean side of the Great Ocean Road - inside Apollo Bay. The stylish * * * * 4 Star Rayville Boat Houses are self-contained, deluxe, stand-alone Villas (AAA Tourism Rating) and a luxurious Penthouse. RECEPTIONAt our reception you will receive a warm welcome and advice about all the adventures of the Great Ocean Road as well as FREE WIFI, golf clubs, fishing rods, etc.. . Linen, towels, soaps, tea/coffee and wood for the woodfires are being provided.WHERE ARE WE?Walk to the beaches (60m) across the golf course, to the harbour or back up to the Great Ocean Road (60m) and to the shops and restaurants, attractions and markets of Apollo Bay.Enjoy being lulled to sleep by the roll of the waves from the ocean. The property is directed off the Great Ocean Road towards the golf course and the sea and is therefore quiet, away from crowds or traffic. VILLAS & PENTHOUSEThe modern and spacious Boat Houses are tastefully decorated in a nautical theme and all villas have cozy wood-fire, large corner spa, private balcony, full kitchen, television, stereo, video, individual car-port, air-conditioning and are fitted with all the latest amenities.While the Ocean View Villas have views from their terrace towards theocean, the romantic Deluxe Loft and 2 Bedroom Villas are not only cozy but also provide a view of Apollo Bay's amazing ranges from their verandah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Rayville Boat Houses & Penthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayville Boat Hotel Penthouse
- Rayville Boat Houses & Penthouse Apollo Bay/Great Ocean Road