This motel is a must stay if you are passing through Apollo Bay. We had a ground floor room, with amazing views of the water. There is a major highway between motel and beach however noise is hardly an issue.
Lovely restaurants in town, and mini carnival kept us entertained after dinner. We ate later around 8:30 and had no dramas finding a restaurant open. Excellent pier to walk down and capture some pictures of the ocean and valley mountains.
The only downside to the hotel is there is a lack of privacy about the rooms, people in the car park or reception or highway can see through windows which is fine but at times it is nice to have some privacy.
Overall a fantastic motel, would definitely stay again, fairly reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A million dollar view, for the price of a room" Wake to the sights and sounds of the ocean, not just a patch of blue in the distance, you can actually see the waves breaking onto the beach in front of the property. A Great Ocean View Motel offers the unique attraction of ocean views from every suite, while still being located within walking distance of Apollo Bay's many activities and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Great Ocean View Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Ocean View Hotel Apollo Bay
- Great Ocean View Motel Apollo Bay/Great Ocean Road