“Bad Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Perth
“Bad Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After been recommended by our 5-star accommodation to visit The Vista, I booked a table at 5.39pm 19th Feb registered on the mobile for a booking at 7pm. I spoke to a male attendant who took my name and mobile number. I explained that we would like to be seated inside as my 82-year-old father was attending and could not handle the evening breeze. From my conversation I presumed that the booking was made and confirmed. Looking forward to this dinner, we arrived at the restaurant. The Manager was very arrogant and didn't believe that I made the booking even after explaining that I did phone and spoke to male attendant at the restaurant. I advised that the evidence of the call being made was on my mobile phone, which he stated he didn't believe, as he was the only person at the restaurant during this time. He stated loudly and clearly that if we don't like the table we welcome to leave and go to another place, I thought the better option was to leave. I have never been spoken to in this manner at any other restaurant and found it totally unacceptable and with this management approach it is hard to see this restaurant achieving its goal.

• Visited February 2013

“Great seafood but a little to $$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Great seafood some of the freshest I've ever eaten but it was a little to $$$ for the amount given saying that if money's not a issue then go for it the seafood platter is the way to go for $240 it's a must and the cheese cake was great good wine list to will go back next time in apollo bay

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
australia
“Pricey for small portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had been travelling for most of the day and ready for a good meal which The Vista gave us but it was the size of meal I would give to one of my grandchildren. I ordered barramundi which from memory cost around $40 and from the size of it looked like I was sharing a fish with someone else in the restaurant. I put it down to them being extremely busy and possibly running out of food but It would appear that is their norm.

Our bill was just over $100 for the two of us which included wine.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Geelong, Australia
“Another lovely restaurant in Apollo Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had read all the good and bad reviews - had walked past many times, and thought about all the bad reviews so never ventured in. Last weekend we were in the wonderful A.B. and had a special date to celebrate so decided to give it a try. Great service, food was beautiful. We were pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the night. Tad expensive, but compariable to other good restaurants along the coast.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Best restaurant in Apollo Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I dine in the Vista Restaurant quite often seeing as I come to Apollo Bay regularly from Melbourne and I have to say I am shocked by some of the reviews here and want to show my support for a fabulous and (pretty rare) quality seafood restaurant. I have tried an assortment of dishes from the menu, the food is always impeccable and cannot be faulted.

Finding fault with the size of the portions... I have to say, check before you dine! This is FINE DINING, stick to the pubs if you want quantity and not quality. Have to say I've never left hungry so am baffled by that! Complaining about prices, this is Australia! I'm not a local and am fully aware how expensive EVERYWHERE is in Australia now, have you seen prices in other local cafes and restaurants in town and across Australia? Get real! Seafood comes at a cost especially in Australia and this is the ONLY place you can expect to walk away happy. I'd suggest hitting the supermarket or a pizza joint if those are your complaints. Check the quality and cost of a similar meal in your own town and see what the difference is!

The seafood linguini, the snapper, the Barramundi...the **Seafood Platter**! If you don't fancy fish I recently had the steak...wow. It is all exceptional, even the coffee is gorgeous! The service is top notch and there's always a friendly smile and nod from behind the scenes too.

The fact of the matter is if you find fault with your dinner you should let them know straight away so they can rectify! It's really not fair to rock up on here with your thoughts when you haven't let them know adequately!

Every time I have been here (twice in the last month alone!) I've been surrounded by happy diners who always seem to leave satisfied, unfortunately there's a lack of these people showing their support here so here's mine!

Great food, great service...GREAT RESTAURANT!

• Visited January 2013