“Not Terrible but I wouldn't recommend it too my Friends” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Northside Holiday Villas

Northside Holiday Villas
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenorchy
Northside Holiday Villas
You added Northside Holiday Villas to your Saves list
9B McGough St., Glenorchy, Tasmania 7010, Australia   |
Sydney, Australia
“Not Terrible but I wouldn't recommend it too my Friends”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stayed here because we met up with family and they have a unit that could fit 7. Never having been to Tasmania I didn't realise this place is located right on the main road north. I found it very noisy at night which made it impossible to get to sleep.
The upstairs bathroom was OK but the toilet seat had a huge piece missing out of the side which was painful on your leg when sitting on it. One of the bedrooms upstairs didn't have a door. The room opened onto the lounge TV area so when the children went to bed it wasn't possible to have the living room light or TV on.

We were woken in the night by the battery in one of the smoke alarms beeping. We had to take it out. This must have happened to someone else as the smoke alarm in the other upstairs bedroom was also dangling open with no battery in it.
It was clean though.
I would never come back sorry.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Newcastle NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

My partner and I stayed here with family for one night only, to attend a Leonard Cohen concert at the Derwent Entertainment Centre, which is less than a 5min walk. Upon arrival the reception was unmanned save for a staffy dog and after much calling out and knocking on several doors a woman eventually answered and provided the key. We were accommodated in one of the properties that backs on to the busy Brooker Hwy but honestly this didn't worry any of us due to needing to get up and out of the property earlier than check out time (10am) in order to catch flights. Location is great for the Ent Cent which is why I chose it. The decor and overall appearence is old with carpet worn and fly screens missing and there are stern warnings should you leave and not clean up after yourself.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Mornington, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

My family and I stayed in Northside Holiday Villas for 2 nights in January. Having travelled quite extensively over the last few months, we were disappointed with the service we received on arrival at this accommodation. The manager had obviously had a personal issue which meant she was unvailable when we arrived at 14h30, meaning we had to wait almost an hour before anyone greeted us. I understand that these things happen, but was most disappointed by the manner in which she treated us on her arrival. It seemed all she was worried about was our money, with very little interest in our well-being, and not much of an apology for the inconvenience.

The actual accomodation was quite comfortable, other than the fact that it is right next to a main road, so there was some traffic noise. It was all-round good value, and if it weren't for the poor customer service I would have been quite happy with the facilities on offer.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Far North Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

Very comfortable accomodation, this unit had everything to be self sufficient including a washing machine which was a definate bonus!
It was very easy to get to all major tourist locations.
Thank you for an excellent stay!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Launceston, Tasmania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

We stayed at Northside Villas during October this year. We found it very cheap on wotif for a 2 bedroom appartment which only cost $77 per night min 2 nights stay. But it was well worth it. The appartment was large with two floors and a balcony, we had parking right outside the door and the appartment was fully equipt with kitchen and laundry facilities. If i didnt like one thing about Northside Villas it would probably be the location, but at about half the price of what you would pay in Hobarts CBD it's well worth it!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

After a long drive from Launceston to Hobart, we are just happy to stay in Northside Villas. Just perfect for a family with 2 young kids. Everything you would need are provided for, clean beddings , towels, fully equipped kitchen, even laundry. It is even warm in the middle of winter, quite cozy. How can I forget the friendly service from booking inquiries to checking out. We stayed for 3 nights, I wish we could stay longer !!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

My husband, myself and son booked for two nights in April to attend the Salamanca markets an see Hobart. After staying the firts night I booked another night as we were so pleased with the accomodation. The appeal for me was that they were self contained and had seperate bedrooms and lounge areas. When we arrived (earlier than 2.00pm check-in) our villa wasn't ready so we went off to do some shopping and I called to confirm that we had a kitchen and a washing machine. Tanya , the Manager said that originally we didn't have a washing machine but that she would change us to one that did. After a week on the road and sick of paying $8 to wash and dry one load of clothes I was very grateful for this change, there was a clothes line out the back and I had no trouble getting things dry.
The villa (number 10) had a kitchen, laundry, toilet and lounge downstairs, with a balcony at the back. Upstairs was a bedroom with queen bed, bedroom with single bunk beds and a bathroom. The villas aren't huge, but after staying in motel rooms the room was great, we enjoyed being able to cook meals and have a full size fridge. Whilst in Hobart we found this a great base to go to Port Arthur, Zoo Doo and the markets. The villas are located in the suburb of Glenorchie and I walked to the shops in about 15 minutes or 3 minute drive. The vilas back onto the Brooker highway but we didn't hear any traffic noise at night. The electric blankets all worked, the heater heated the place in no time (and was used to dry clothes on the last night) and the kitchen was supplied with the basics needed to rustle up a meal. The villas aren't serviced, but the towels are replaced every day if needed. The only problem we had which was not the villas fault is that we paid for internet access as advised by Tanya ($40.00) and it never worked and the supplier doesn't want to give us a refund.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family