“Disappointed....” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Hobart, Australia
“Disappointed....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great set up, great location, pity the food wasn't up to the same standard. Both had gnocchi ragu, the ragu was good but the gnocchi was tough - should have been tested before serving - sub standard cafe food not $25 restaurant lunch. Wouldn't go again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

MORWELL
“A great find in Deloraine Tasmania.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant was recommended during a recent trip to Tasmania and it did not disappoint. Food was great with a good variety to chose from and the wine list was reasonable.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Top Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had lunch here, mainly Italian-inspired food with wood-fired pizzas. My wife had the fish, whilst I enjoyed the saltimbocca. The staff were good, and I sat where I could see the chefs preparing meals - the smells were wonderful, though a form of torture when your hungry!

Visited March 2013
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Lovely funky restaurant in Deloraine serving beautiful fresh food, good value for money, and wonderful attentive service. While we were there on a Sunday night they had to turn away a group of 4 walk-ins, so make sure you book. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling through Tasmania's northern region.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
““Oysters, Pizza and Gelato - Simply Red!””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Restaurant Red was the reason we were in Deloraine and we were not disappointed!
When we arrived at 7.30pm, the place was packed and had a lively vibe - by 8pm we were the only people left in the place – quite bizarre! We learned quickly that the locals in rural Tasmania eat early and kitchens are often closed at 8pm!
Red lived up to its reputation – the food was excellent and the service, while a little slow to begin with when the place was packed, was very friendly and attentive.
I consider myself an unabashed pizzaholic having eaten pizza at least once a week for more years than I care to remember! I am a great fan of Italian wood-fired pizza and the two pizzas we had at Red rated with the best I have tasted anywhere – including Italy! The local oyster starter was pretty good as was the special request gelato and fresh berries for sweets ... and we did manage to notice that red was the dominant colour in the restaurant, including the Vespa scooter out front!

• Visited February 2013