Stayed two nights in "Idlewilde", a two bedroom self-contained cabin near the reception area.
- Close to town and the seaside, with an attractive bushland setting
- Cabin ambience matches the setting
- A bit pricey for what we got - better value if you have a large group and fill all the beds
- Cabin and furnishings looks and feels dated and tired - has seen better days
- Information pack and signs around the ground have a lot of "don't do this", "you must not...", "this is not permitted"
- Restaurant permanently closed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bicheno by the Bay (BBTB) Bicheno. Self-contained family accommodation on Tasmania's sunny east coast - 19 bungalows and 5 motel rooms, right in town, right on the ocean front. BBTB is located on 8 acres in a coastal bush setting. All bungalows stand alone and are appointed with open plan lounge and kitchen areas, separate bedrooms, deck and covered carport. Each bungalow is generously equipped with cooking and eating utensils, conventional oven and microwave, bedding including doonas and electric blankets, television, DVD and hairdryer. No charge washing machines are available. Four of the motel rooms are located in a quiet part of the property overlooking a man-made lake. Each unit has a tranquil view of water and gum trees, and various decks from which to enjoy the ambiance. Extract from testimonial regards BBTB - "in an amazing location just across from a gorgeous rocky coastline with penguins nesting nearby so you could hear their songs in the night." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Bicheno by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bicheno By The Bay Tasmania