“Tasty Fish” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kangaroo Island Fresh Seafoods

Kangaroo Island Fresh Seafoods
26 Telegraph Rd | In the Caltex Fuel Building, Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, South Australia 5223, Australia
+61 8 8553 0177
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 restaurants in Kingscote
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: WHETHER YOU REQUIRE RETAIL, WHOLESALE DINE IN OR TAKEAWAY WE HAVE A LARGE RANGE OF LOCAL SEAFOOD FROM THE PRISINE WATERS AROUND K.I. TAKE IT HOME, OR HAVE US COOK IT FOR YOU, EITHER BATTERED ,CRUMBED,GRILLED OR GLUTEN FREE, FRESHLY MADE SALADS & A FILLETING SERVICE AVAILABLE.WINNER OF THE S.A SEAFOOD EXCELLENCE AWARD IN 2009 AND WINNER OF THE BEST REGIONAL FISH AND CHIP SHOP IN S.A 2011
central scotland
“Tasty Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the fish and chips we had on both nights we stayed in Kingscote. There was a big selection of fish and we managed 4 different kinds - all delicious! Not particularly cheap depending on which fish you had, but worth it. Highly recommended!

Visited February 2013

91% Recommend
Perth, Australia
“Surprising ��”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

When we arrived my husband turned to me and asked "are you sure this is it?" But fortunately the trip advisor reviews had me pre warned on that one. Tucked in next to a petrol station it doesn't look like much, and the atmosphere is classic fish & chip shop. But it was the best fish & chips I've ever had. And you can't argue with great food!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pamukkale
“Fair price, good takeaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had this the first night on KI and it was great. Got one of the combo packs, good value, best fish and chips I've had in a long time, fresh. We got it takeaway and ate it overlooking the bay. Great!

Visited February 2013
“Great fish and chips, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I came here on my first night and ate the food there. I ordered the whiting and chips plus a Chico Roll that I hadn't had in years. The food was all excellent, classic Aussie seafood, and the staff wonderful, all friendly and willing to guide me where I needed to go after. Places like this are a rarity in the mainland, and this place exemplifies Australian food and service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Not value for money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Watching the meals come put which looked nice I was looking forward to my takeaway fish pack. How disappointing. One measly piece of fish, the smallest handful of chips plus small salad. Definitely NOT value for money. Very below average feed.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
tina k, Owner at Kangaroo Island Fresh Seafoods, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I am so sorry that you did not get what i expect to be in our packs, i have spoken to my staff on several occaisions about the quantity they put in the packs and again i need to address this issue. please accept my appoligies and if ever you are in kingscote again please ask for me and i will see to it that you get your next meal free of charge regards Tina