“Great fish and chips, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kangaroo Island Fresh Seafoods

Kangaroo Island Fresh Seafoods
26 Telegraph Rd Kingscote | In the Caltex Fuel Building, Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, South Australia 5223, Australia
+61 8 8553 0177
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Kingscote
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Street Parking
Description: WHETHER YOU REQUIRE RETAIL, WHOLESALE WE HAVE A LARGE RANGE OF LOCAL SEAFOOD FROM THE PRISINE WATERS AROUND K.I. A FILLETING SERVICE AVAILABLE.WINNER OF THE S.A SEAFOOD EXCELLENCE AWARD IN 2009
“Great fish and chips, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I came here on my first night and ate the food there. I ordered the whiting and chips plus a Chico Roll that I hadn't had in years. The food was all excellent, classic Aussie seafood, and the staff wonderful, all friendly and willing to guide me where I needed to go after. Places like this are a rarity in the mainland, and this place exemplifies Australian food and service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
“Not value for money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Watching the meals come put which looked nice I was looking forward to my takeaway fish pack. How disappointing. One measly piece of fish, the smallest handful of chips plus small salad. Definitely NOT value for money. Very below average feed.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
tina k, Owner at Kangaroo Island Fresh Seafoods, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I am so sorry that you did not get what i expect to be in our packs, i have spoken to my staff on several occaisions about the quantity they put in the packs and again i need to address this issue. please accept my appoligies and if ever you are in kingscote again please ask for me and i will see to it that you get your next meal free of charge regards Tina
Timboon, Australia
“Great fresh fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Helpful staff, very quick and efficient service. Fish was so fresh and most was caught or farmed in South Australian waters

Visited January 2013
Enmore, Australia
“Unconvinced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

OK but not stellar. Standard level fish and chips. More take away salad options would have been good. However, we did not find a lot of choice in Kingscote.

tina k, Owner at Kangaroo Island Fresh Seafoods, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I am sorry you were unconvinced as we are very commited to our service and our product, we do only have set salads, on display but we do a garden salad to order. I appolagise if you were not informed of that. kindest regards Tina and thankyou for taking the time to give us your feedback
Adelaide
“Fresh and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great variety, you can buy a food pack from the menu or make up your own from the single serve items. The packs are generously sized, my daughter and I shared a calamari pack and had more than enough to eat. We opted for take a way and crossed the road to the little park and ate at a shaded picnic table (or we could have gone down to the beach). The shop is part of the service station, there is plenty of parking and you can also buy a variety of fresh, uncooked fish.

• Visited January 2013