“Jewel in the country” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 53 on Victoria

You added 53 on Victoria to your Saves list
53 on Victoria
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   53 Victoria Street, Warwick, Queensland 4370, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Wi-Fi
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
“Jewel in the country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at 53 on Victoria for 4 nights in November 2013 whilst on a work trip. I had booked the room in advance which was hassle free. As I was arriving late, the manager left a key out for me and on entering the room, I was almost astounded as to the quality. The motel (if you could call it that) only has 6 rooms, each is unique and can cater for individuals and families alike. The reception office is almost never open, but this gives a nice feel as you really don't need to go to reception if you are an accomplished traveller. The rooms have fully functioning kitchen and have every amenity you could want at the highest standard.

I met with management on my second last day and they showed me through a number of vacant rooms which were all beautiful.

Overall, this is a well priced boutique accommodation which I strongly recommend. I won't even consider staying anywhere else should I return to Warwick.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are superb.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John L, Owner at 53 on Victoria, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hi Chris
So pleased your four day work stint in Warwick was hassle free and enjoyable.We have designed the units to be just that little bit different with the modern furnishings and cozy ambience.A little home away from home. Perfect for the longer stay.
Look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Warwick.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The quality of the accommodation is something you would expect in a boutique hotel in Melbourne or Bali ! I would have to say it's Warwick's best kept secret. We will certainly be returning and recommending it to family and friends! John and Liz are fantastic hosts and we were made to feel at home. Keep up the great work guys!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, Owner at 53 on Victoria, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hi Hamish
Thanks for taking the time out to give our property a review on your recent stay in Warwick.Enjoyed having a chat with you on Sunday morning , perhaps we can catch up with a bottle of wine on your next trip to the Southern Downs.
Toowoomba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have just spent a night at 53 & it was far & away the best place we have stayed in while we were in Australia.Rooms immaculate & beautifully furnished shower was a real wake up call.
If we ever come to Warwick again we will stay here cannot recommend it highly enough.
Give Alice a pat from the Poms!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, Owner at 53 on Victoria, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello Liz
Thanks for your comments about our little Boutique Motel.Although we are a small establishment we are big on quality ,value for money and service.Yes we will give Alice a pat for you and John.Take care and see you next time when you are in Warwick.
John and Liz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just wonderful in every aspect I could never recommend it high enough. Great hosts great accommodation great furnishings comfortable beds great shower, great kitchen we will be back great base for visits to the wineries and Toowoomba. I am in the
good books for booking at 53 on Victoria. We stayed in room 4 on 2/10/2013

• Stayed October 2013
John L, Owner at 53 on Victoria, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hi Martin
Happy to hear that you are in the good books.Room 4 is one of my favourites also.
See you next time when in Warwick.
Cheers
John
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just back from our 3rd stay with John and Liz at 53 on Victoria and cannot commend them or their Motel highly enough. The rooms and the decor are really 5-star and a surprise to find at a small country motel. Our room has always been spotlessly clean and very, very comfortable. It is a very small motel but the rooms are generous in size, well thought out and designer chic. Don't expect food/meals but there is a fully equipped kitchen and plenty of acceptable restaurants nearby. Your hosts will welcome you, understand exactly how to make you feel welcome without crowding you, and assist you should you need something additional. Highly recommended.

Don't miss Jacqui's just a few minutes walk away for a top breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea, and delicious home made cakes and snacks for your trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, Owner at 53 on Victoria, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hi Syd
Thanks for the kind words.Much appreciated.Regards to Nikki and will see you both on your next jaunt to Queensland.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

A colleague and I recently stayed with John and Liz at 53 on Victoria whilst in Warwick for work. We stayed for a week.

Upon arrival, John greeted me with a warm welcome, a huge smile and a spectacular hat. I was then shown my room which is, without doubt, the most comfortable, homely and unique room that I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The rooms are clean, well equipped and supremely comfortable. Unlike many other places I have stayed at, I genuinely looked forward to coming home to 53 on Victoria every night.

Beyond that, special congratulations have to go to John and Liz for not only operating a magnificent facility, but for making their guests feel like family during their stay. John and Liz went out of their way to make sure that I had plans and a decent place to eat - and even used their local connections to arrange a hire car for my colleague, following an accident.They are spectacular people.

Do yourself a favour and spend some time at 53 on Victoria - as I've been telling my friends to do ever since coming home!

Nick.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
John L, Owner at 53 on Victoria, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi Nick
Thanks for the feedback on your recent stay with us at 53 on Victoria.Its nice to have guests with a great sense of humor and style.I hope your learned collegue has the car issue sorted out by now and all is well.
We look forward to seeing you both again back in Warwick next year .Once again thank you for your kind comments.
John
B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

As a traveler who stays most of his working week in motel rooms, This little gem is very much understated from the roadside. When booking my stays, my PA takes care of finding my accommodation and rely's on other reviews via Trip Advisor to find a suited stay. My experience started from the warm greeting and smiles at the front desk which carried through out to my room. From the moment i walked into the room i was at awe of how well presented and appointed space i was greeted with. This treasure was fitted with personalised touches that i have never seen in some of the 5 Star luxury rooms i have stayed in. These personalised touches and the cleanliness very much made this stay one of my best. Looking forward to my next stay...... Thanks Baz

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
John L, Owner at 53 on Victoria, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Hi Barry
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in Warwick last week.Yes,we are constantly working on improving our room presentation and services to make peoples experience at 53 on Victoria comfortable and memorable.We may be small on room numbers but the quality does have that WOW factor.Look forward to seeing you again soon.
John and Liz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Comfort Inn Warwick
McNevin's Warwick Motel
McNevin's Warwick Motel
#6 of 12 in Warwick
4.0 of 5 stars 31 reviews

Been to 53 on Victoria? Share your experiences!