This place was reasonable, but a number of things were a disappointment.
Overall I didn't get the feeling of cleanliness - there were a number of different things that looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a long time. For example the clothes dryer had lint about an inch thick over the filter and the hairdryer cord had grim all along it. Also on arrival there was dried mud in the lounge area near the sliding doors to the patio and dirt marks on the carpet leading up to the mud. We cleaned this up ourselves as it seemed easier in the end than getting the motel to come and do it when we were trying to unpack and relax.
There was no Austar/cable TV; the motel website under the 'facilities' tab stated cable TV as being available, however we found out that cable TV was only available to beachfront apartments. The only item that was listed on the facilites page as being available only to the beachfront apartments was the tennis courts, so this seemed a little misleading to us as the assumption is then, that all other items listed are available to all room types. We have since rechecked the 'room features' and it doesn't list cable TV as being available in the oceanview apartments - we have learnt a valuable lesson to check all information tabs well and to also clarify any conflicting information in future before booking.
The second bedroom where the kids slept was adequate. The negatives were that both windows in the room had vertical blinds which had atleast 3 blinds missing from each window. We had to hang a blanket up over each window to stop the early morning light/sun coming in and to also give privacy. The lamp that was on the bedside table between the beds did not work either. As both the kids read at night they had to get up and turn the wall light off - not a big thing, but it would have been nice for it to be in working order so they didn't have to do this. On leaving my husband mentioned the blinds to the motel and was told that he should have said something earlier and they would have fixed them. I suppose we should have, but I would have thought when they cleaned the room that it would have been evident that the blinds were missing and they would have corrected this before we actually arrived.
The undercover parking for us was not useable as we have a 4WD ute and the only two spaces available in the undercover parking area would have meant we had to do about an 8 point turn to get in and out (very confined space). We decided to park outside rather than struggle with this each day. The outside parking was fine.
Overall for the money we were a little disappointed as we had previously stayed elsewhere in Cairns (Clifton beach) for less money and the room was better. If you were fortunate to get a really good deal then it would be worth it.
To finish on a good note though - the location (Trinity Beach) is a lovely place to holiday and the 'Tavern' on the beachfront was fantastic. The meals, atmosphere and service at the Tavern were exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly opposite the patrolled swimming area of beautiful Trinity Beach and within an easy walk to local shops and restaurants, On The Beach Holiday Apartments offers 43 self-contained apartments. We have 1, 2 or 3 Bedrooms each with its own private, ocean facing balcony to capture the cool sea breezes. Apartment types include Beachfront and 2 bedroom Ocean view or Garden view - something for everyone. Stay for a night, a week or a month. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your On the Beach Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On The Beach Holiday Apartments Hotel Trinity Beach
- On The Beach Holiday Apartments Trinity Beach, Cairns Region