I booked this through a website called Ratestogo and got an excellent deal. This resort is on the main street in Trinity Beach directly opposite the beautiful beach. It doesn`t look very special from the the 1st impression but don`t be put off - it is! There is a tiny reception area, but the staff are extremely friendly. It is run by an English couple who are very efficient and knowledgeable.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. It was really well equipped with 1 double room with an ensuite and a 2nd bedroom with twin beds and a 2nd bathroom, which also boasted a washing machine + tumble dryer.
The kitchen was superb, with full facilities including a dishwasher,huge fridge and even had a waste disposal unit!. There is a small supermarket about 10 mins walk from the apartments so you can stock up on basics. But its mega expensive, so wait until you can get to Woolworths for more value for money goods.
There are 2 smallish pools which are clean + very attractive and the grounds around the buildings are well kept. There are also communal bbq`s so you can cook up some excellent Aussie steaks.
Trinity Beach is a very pretty area. Not many restaurants/bars - about 7 in total so I would advise hiring a car. However, a regular bus service takes you into Cairns quite easily.
The beach is exquisite. Miles of golden,coral sand with areas roped off for safe swimming. Watch out for sharks + jellyfish if you choose to swim outside of these special areas!
The back drop of tropical plants + trees is truly idyllic. Its such a peaceful,relaxing place to stay.
Don`t miss out on a trip to the Great Barrier Reef. The hotel organised ours for us + gave us good advice about what to look for in a trip there. E.g don`t go on 1 of the huge boats as there are smaller catamarans that are better value + take you to better reefs.
All in all a great place to chill out and relax, can`t wait to go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly opposite the patrolled swimming area of beautiful Trinity Beach and within an easy walk to local shops and restaurants, On The Beach Holiday Apartments offers 43 self-contained apartments. We have 1, 2 or 3 Bedrooms each with its own private, ocean facing balcony to capture the cool sea breezes. Apartment types include Beachfront and 2 bedroom Ocean view or Garden view - something for everyone. Stay for a night, a week or a month. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your On the Beach Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On The Beach Holiday Apartments Hotel Trinity Beach
- On The Beach Holiday Apartments Trinity Beach, Cairns Region