We headed to Far North Qld to escape the southern cold. The weather was FANTASTIC and the locals were very friendly! We booked to stay at Amaroo after reading the last few reviews, however, after our stay there we thought we should add a few other points that will help others - particularly to tell you to pack your earplugs if you want to sleep later than 6am.
The view is great, looking over the ocean. The location is great, away from the noise of the restaurants and bars but still within easy walking distance. What spoilt our stay (and shortened it) was the internal noise. The building is quite old and not very well insulated. The noise from slamming doors, plumbing (toilets and showers), and heavy footsteps in the units above, echoes throughout the units. It sounded like a herd of elephants were partying above our room every morning from 6am. We asked the managers to talk to the people above us to make them aware of the noise they were making, but nothing was done. The only way we could enjoy our holiday sleep-ins was to buy earplugs!
Another downside is there are no security screen doors out to the decks, so you can't leave the doors open at night time and go to sleep to the sound of the waves. We weren't there during mosquito season, but it would be impossible to keep the doors open during the summer months without screened doors.
We left earlier than planned and enjoyed the rest of our holiday at another venue which was absolutely divine. Will definitely write a review on that property!
- Also Known As:
- Amaroo At Trinity Hotel Trinity Beach
- Amaroo At Trinity Hotel
- Amaroo At Trinity Trinity Beach, Cairns Region
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trinity Beach, star of the Cairns Northern Beaches in the heart of Tropical North Queensland, is located just a short drive north of Cairns city. With its relaxed village-like atmosphere it is one of the most popular beaches in the North, with good reason. Amaroo at Trinity enjoys a peaceful elevated beachfront position offering stunning views over the Pacific Ocean to the accompaniment of the soothing sounds of waves breaking on the shore. A very special tropical beach getaway! As part of your Amaroo at Trinity Holiday you receive : •Truly sensational views•Walking distance to everything in beautiful Trinity Beach (voted Cairns' best beach by locals)•Well-equipped modern studio or suite overlooking the ocean or the rainforest clad mountains•A chance to re-kindle romance in a studio, or spoil the family in a suite•Our expert local knowledge for all your tour bookings for a truly memorable holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Amaroo at Trinity reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.