This was our 3rd trip to Oceans (our first with children) but we had not been in 2 & 1/2 years. Overall, the location & view are spectacular. Shops are directly below the building & everything is within walking distance. The pool & spa were kept really clean & we rarely had to share the amenities. The staff at reception are really friendly. So for all of the above I would give 10/10.
The apartment is starting to look a little tired - rugs don't look regularly cleaned for instance.
Our grievances are similar to some other people. When you pay the premium for a 5-star resort there are certain expectations. We had to pay to connect to MyPort for internet access (that kept dropping out & you would have to log in every time....). The 'daily service' was only okay. It was an obviously quick clean over that didn't involve vacuuming the rooms (really disappointing to come home & still find crumbs lying around). There is a lovely little Nescafe coffee machine but you are required to pay for the pods. Really?? At the prices the resort is charging you want $1.50 per pod? Our next issue was the audacity of them to charge for a BBQ ($20 per night). And to top it off, there is a lovely little communal area by the pool that seems like it should have a BBQ but doesn't? This just screams money-making to me & to be honest, I have stayed at 2 & 3-star resorts that have barbies. C'mon guys, don't be so tight!! There are 2 televisions but the tv in the lounge room only has the cable & the tv in the bedroom only has free-to-air (that was patchy). This seemed really strange so maybe an aerial was not working. Again though, there are expectations at a 5* resort & these were not met.
I was sooo looking forward to staying at Oceans but I feel it will be our last time. The other resorts are charging 2/3 of the price with the same view & location so I think our money will go there.
- Also Known As:
- Oceans Mooloolaba Hotel
- Oceans Mooloolaba Hotel Mooloolaba
- Oceans Mooloolaba Sunshine Coast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceans Mooloolaba Beach, the only 5 star Mooloolaba Resort, is perfectly positioned directly opposite Mooloolaba Beach and in the center of Mooloolaba Esplanade. Walk out the door and choose from dozens of great restaurants, boutique shopping outlets and watch the ocean waves sparkle on the stunning Mooloolaba beach. 46 exquisite self contained luxury apartments and penthouses feature state of the art facilities, smart technology and modern design details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Oceans Mooloolaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.