Our stay at Landmark was very relaxing and exactly what we were expecting.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom Rooftop apartment, with the spa and BBQ area on the roof accessed by a spiral staircase. This was fantastic - with gorgeous views of the ocean, the spa was the perfect place to sit in the afternoon and relax. Whilst our 1 bedroom apartment was quite small, I think this was reflected in the photos on Landmark's website, so we were not disappointed and would not expect much bigger from a 1 bedroom apartment anyway.
I think that previous reviewers who have complained about the lack of servicing and the need to pay for beach towels have never stayed in an self-contained apartment before. Lanndmark is exactly what one would expect from this style of accommodation. The only complaint I have is that the kitchen was not as well stocked as other self-contained apartments I have stayed in, which really limits what you are able to cook in the kitchen. I was quite surprised that nothing was provided to wipe down the kitchen or wash up and this was something we needed to go to the supermarket to buy.
That said, it was a great apartment with gorgeous views. I am very fussy about the cleanliness of accommodation and had absolutely no complaints whatsoever about the cleanliness of this apartment.
Whilst this is by no means luxury accommodation, it is still very comfortable and relatively modern. The bed and pillows were very comfortable which was a nice surprise.
Landmark is not what I would consider cheap accommodation, but I think it is pretty good value given the high price of accommodation in Mooloolaba. I would definitely recommend the extra expense of the rooftop apartment if you love a good spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for the perfect holiday escape? Then Landmark Resort on Queensland's Sunshine Coast is the place to stay! Landmark Resort is located directly opposite Mooloolaba's beautiful beachfront and is comprised of 132 apartments and suites with hinterland, river or ocean views. All apartments and suites are self-contained, with most featuring a spa bath, air conditioning, cable television and modern fittings. Resort facilities include a gymnasium, outdoor spa, sauna, games room, rooftop spa, barbecue entertaining area and secure car parking. Mooloolaba's relaxed family atmosphere has long been a popular holiday destination for Queenslanders and it is now emerging as the 'must visit' destination for the rest of Australia. Landmark Resort is situated on the beachfront amongst Mooloolaba's finest restaurants, cafes and exclusive boutiques. Step across the road to the magnificent year-round patrolled beach, which has won multiple awards for being Queensland's cleanest and friendliest. Waiting for you around the corner is Underwater World, which provides a thrilling entree to the world below the sea. The daily seal shows, along with the otter displays and the wondrous underwater tunnel, provide a fun day's entertainment for the whole family. Adjoining Underwater world is The Wharf where you can enjoy restaurants, shopping and live entertainment, or just simply relax on the deck with a drink and watch the world go by. Mooloolaba is only a short drive to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo and the superb Sunshine Coast hinterland.Landmark Resort is an hour's drive north of the Brisbane Airport, or a 20 minute drive from the Sunshine Coast Airport. Your check in at the Landmark Resort is made stress free by our friendly staff, whose priority is to ensure you a quick and easy transition to your luxurious air-conditioned apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Landmark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landmark Resort Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast
- Landmark Hotel Mooloolaba