“Very disappointing.” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bowral
“Very disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our first experience eating Vietnamese cuisine, unfortunately we are in no hurry to try it again, We had the mixed entree for starter very average , dipping sauce had no flavour. We had the Beef coconut curry and Chicken with ginger and honey for mains. The beef curry just wasn't right , bland with an odd smell never tasted a curry like it ! and the chicken was as braised as it was bland with no hint of honey or ginger. We only ate a mouthful or two and left after paying a very overpriced bill.

Visited June 2013

Melbourne
“yummy Vietnamese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

food is beautiful and the staff are very friendly.....we found the food to be very traditional with a great variety on the menu

Visited February 2013
Redcliffe, Australia
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This looks like a nice Vietnamese cuisine restaurant with the decor and menu items, but don't be fooled. The food is not Vietnamese and it is not worth the money. We ordered pork balls as an entree and I'm guessing the Vietnamese word for dog food is pork. They were disgusting. I ordered a main of beef with garlic butter and sweet and sour onions and my wife ordered chicken with ginger and honey. Apart from one being beef, one being chicken and some julienned ginger on my wife's plate, the meals were identical and very bland. Sane sauce and same veggies. I asked the boss man if they had put any garlic on my meal because there wasn't a smidgen of garlic flavour. He assured me they had sprinkled some garlic powder on it. I said I expected fresh garlic for the price paid and he came back with a teaspoon of bottled garlic that can be bought from Coles or Woolies. There were no sweet and sour onions and no honey. Never again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver
“Overpriced and Not Authentic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Being from Vancouver we love Vietnamese, which is (ordinarily) reasonably priced and very flavourful. Vinh Vietnamese in Mooloolaba is too expensive and the food is not very authentic or particularly tasty. The seating area is nice and the meat quality was good, but the overall experience just doesn't live up to what Vietnamese food should be like.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maroochydore, Australia
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stopped by here with a few friends to grab some takeaway. I will admit that the seating area seemed nice enough, although probably a little cramped inside. Took ages for the front desk to take our order - there were nine of us ordering, and some of us started receiving our food before others had even ordered. Whether that's a good or a bad thing...

There were very few vegetarian options, and they wouldn't do the pho without beef or chicken (I guess it has something to do with the stock).Ended up getting stir-fried vegetables for $12.90. Unbelievably oily and greasy and just generally disappointing. Some others commented on their food being not what they expected - the fried rice was essentially yellow rice (due to turmeric? Unsure) mixed with peas and carrot and the sweet & sour soup was small and generic. I think those with curries found their food alright though. As I have very little experience with Vietnamese food, I cannot comment on authenticity.

Overall, wouldn't return. There are much better places on the Esplanade.

• Visited February 2013