This resort was exactly what they say they are on their website. Often I stay at hotels / resorts who try & market their image as something they are not & when I arrive i am bitterly disappointed. This was definately not the case here, the Caribbean promotes itself honestly.
From the time I arrived to the time I departed the staff were very friendly & helpfull. The Caribbean staff organised my airport pickup & return bookings & tour to the famous Eumundi markets with a local tour bus company. I had several communications with the staff via email prior to my arrival with fast & friendly email replies.
The appartment style room 24 was well set out with a good size double bedroom with a mirrored wall length wardrobe. The toilet was separate from the bathroom & the spa bath was brilliant & the shower had excellent water pressure. The kitchen & lounge was open plan with a TV (with foxtel) in the lounge & bedroom. There also was laundry cupboard with washer & dryer. I read one review complaining that there was only 1 x diswash, detergent, milk etc. I never used any of these items as I there was a decent size fridge / freezer & I went to the nearby Coles & stocked up for the week ahead. The resort kitchen cupboards were well stocked with everything useful from water jugs, food storage containers to a casserole dish. There was a microwave as well as a fully functioning oven & dishwasher! There was also a vacum cleaner in the base of the wardrobe. My balcony was a decent size & had clean (not mouldy) plastic outdoor table & chairs to use.
The pool was lovely, because of the long narrow layout, I could lay around in one end while other people / families were at the other end. It was nice to be have to have alittle space as a solo traveller. The spa was excellent, I could not fault the spa on the ground floor by the pool, it was a covered spa which was nice to sit out of the sun. I did not try the spa on the roof by the outdoor BBQ area. The reception also had clean used beach towels for hire, $5 for the entire stay. I definately made use of this. Nice not to have a bulky towel taking up room in my suitcase.
Location, location, location! This resort is only 80 metres from the main beach & main shopping strip which contains most of the shops, cafes, restaurants & takeaway shops. There were also multiple eating places next door to the Caribbean. On the other side of the Caribbean is a Commonweath Bank & just across the road is a post office and Information kiosk. Its about a 5 min walk to Coles supermarket & about 3 mins walk to the marina & 5 mins to Under Waterworld.
I had a wonderful holiday & I definately will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba is a 6 storey high rise complex which offers 62 fully-self contained 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Our spacious accommodation is the ideal base to immerse yourself in all the colour and excitement of this cosmopolitan beachside town. Nestled in the heart of Mooloolaba, 100m from the iconic beachfront, Caribbean Resort offers fantastic facilities, and is the perfect location for your beach getaway. With dozens of first class restaurants, alfresco cafes and boutique shops on your doorstep, you are only moments from the patrolled beach for that quick surf or a stroll to the children's playground on the foreshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba Hotel Mooloolaba
- Breakfree Caribbean Hotel Mooloolaba
- Breakfree Caribbean Mooloolaba
- Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba Sunshine Coast