“Delicious food, friendly staff, great view” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Bistro, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Delicious food, friendly staff, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We have been here for dinner about four times since it reopened. The food is amazing - always. Cocktails are first class too. Strawberry daiquiri made with beautiful fresh strawberries. The menu is really varied and yummy. For example, last night I had roast chicken breast pocketed with Camembert and semi dried tomatoes, with prosciutto, cauliflower purée and Parmesan wafer, $25. This was delicious. My partner had swordfish with quinoa and asparagus salad. There was pomegranate in the salad. Also delicious. Last time we went I had Tuscan style lamb shanks, $24, and my partner had salmon. Yum. There are smaller meals and finger foods available too. You can sit inside or outside overlooking the water and yachts. We are definitely going to be regulars here.

• Visited August 2014

Caloundra, Australia
“Waited 1 hour 40 minutes for meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We attended with a group of 10 people, on a booked table. The atmosphere is good, there were quite a few people, but I would not say overally crowded for a Saturday night. Bar service was slow, which I found amazing as there were plenty of staff behind the bar. We ordered our bistro style meals at 7:50pm and we all ordered together. After an hour we asked how far off was our order to be told "soon". After an hour and 40 minutes we all decided after seeing people get served before us, who we knew ordered after us, that we would further inquire about our food. It was delivered soon after. I had steak, which was overcooked from my order of medium, but nonetheless it was tasty albeit a bit dry for my liking. If you were to close your eyes and taste my wife's meal, you would say she had ordered pepper something......it was supposed to be salt and pepper calamari. Don't know what happened to the salt or the calamari, considering the time they took to cook it you would think they got it right. The manager approached our table and offered a nice bottle of wine because of the delays. A nice gesture, for a table of 10, 3 of which were driving and were not drinking and 2 of which did not drink red wine. Overall I would say the service was atrocious and I would seriously consider if this was the venue you would like to go to on a Saturday night, if you want a meal. Many many options in this price range on the Sunshine Coast. Do your research before you decide!

Visited June 2014
Maroochydore, Australia
“Very Pleasantly Surprised.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I read up on the reviews of this establishment a.s I knew that I would be attending a 50th Birthday. The reviews were mixed so I kept an open mind to what I would encounter.
I arrived at the venue to be very pleasantly surprised of the surroundings and set out of the Interior. I found it clean, with lovely dining furniture and a lovely sunken bar area. The outdoor seating was great with a beautiful view of the Mariner/River. Breathtaking really, a perfect Al Fresco setting.
Our table was large, 15 people. We ordered for the children first from the Pirate Menu as you do and their meals came out promptly and LARGE for children's meals. At the last minute one child changed his mind and did not want the Steak, but instead the Fish and Chips. With a quick visit back to the counter, the change was made without any drama and the food was served very soon after that.
The Spaghetti Bolognaise was presented beautifully, the mini pizza was just that, nothing special, however the Children's Fish and Chips was amazing. Served with chips of course and Fresh Fish battered to perfection. It was devoured by a 8 year old within minutes. He was very happy that he changed his mind from the Steak.
The children were well catered for. They played with a lot of other children who were at the Yacht Club for dinner.
Our group ordered everything from the Pizza bread as entrée, Mussels and Lobster, then Thai Green Chicken Curry Special of the Night, to Rib Fillet, Pork Belly, Lobster Pasta, Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli, Lambs Brains and the 1/2 Chicken.
From all accounts, all meals were great.
The only complaint that I heard was that the Pork Belly did not have a crispy crackle on top!
My steak was cooked to perfection, medium rare. Could not fault it. Loved the Caesar Salad side.
The Thai Green Chicken Curry was a hit. At least 4 guests had this and they all said it was fantastic.
The Pastas were loved and plates were empty. Even the offal lover said his Brains were wonderful.
Really can not complain about the food at the Yacht Club. The food is affordable and well presented and the Menu is great.
The service was spot on, attentive and the waitress's were knowledgeable.
The Pizza Bread was cheesy, hot and melt in your mouth.
The Bar staff were also happy and willing to give advice on wine etc.
Will definitely be back and will be telling our friends.

• Visited April 2014
Sunshine coast
“STERILE AND BORING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Firstly, this is NOT Mooloolaba Yacht club, it operates down at the Wharf complex. Thsi place is nothing more that a cheap restaurant trying to pretend its a club. The steaks were overcooked, the salad was lettuce and crutons. $25-30 for a main is reasonable IF it's good, but this food wasn't .
Judging by the customers this place is trageted to the over 65s.

HOW CAN THEY CALL IT A "CLUB"

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Hoping for better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I were given gift vouchers to attend the Mooloolaba Yacht Club as a night out without our 1yo.

We had hopes that the yacht club might be something that resembled that of an RACV Club or something of that nature...you know, a bit exclusive and well to do.

This wasn't the case, no different to an RSL or Surf Club. Not that there's is anything wrong with that.

Apart from staff not known how to process our gift vouchers, food was nice and reasonably priced.

Not sure if it was just the night we attended, but there were kids everywhere. All enjoying the music of the "80s, 90s and the best of today" by the resident DJ.

Family friendly with a bistro style nature about it.

Everything is worth trying once.

• Visited January 2014