“Unexpected treasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Semo's Moroccan Canteens

Semo's Moroccan Canteens
Shop 2, 121 Cnr Venning Street & The Esplanade, Mooloolaba, Queensland 4557, Australia
07 54444582
Description: http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/semos/
Buderim, Australia
“Unexpected treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were walking along the Mooloolaba strip looking for somewhere to eat and I spotted this small restaurant serving Moroccan food in Authentic Tagines so we decided to give it a try.
I have cooked lamb tagines at home which my husband loved so he went for the lamb, it was mouth watering, delicious, fall off the bone, tasty just as you would hope for only better.
I ordered the chicken tagine which was yummy but a tad salty for me, lots of olives and I don't coo with salt so it just wasn't to my taste although I still enjoyed it and ate it happily.
The service was friendly and there was a relaxed atmosphere.
We would definitely recommend it and we would go again and take friends there too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mittagong, Australia
“Nice, but a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Thought we would try something different & went Moroccan. Staff were very friendly. Ingredients tasted extremely fresh. Although teenagers weren't overly fussed about the meal (but that is teenagers for you). Although I thought the prices were a little expensive compared to other restaurants on the strip.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, Australia
“dining experience best forgotten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have just had the worst dining experience I can remember. The restaurant was a Moroccan in Mooloolaba. To start with the bottle of white wine we ordered was luke warm the waitress suggested putting ice in the glass to cool it down, they added ice to the bucket and said wait for it to cool. When asked to take the bottle back she said ok we''ll just charge for the glass that was poured, I said I wasn't paying for a glass I wasn't drinking. Then the main came, my lamb cutlets that were suppose to be medium were charcoaled, when my husband complained the chef became quite abusive and threatening, using extreme language. Definitely not a fine dining experience, give it a wide berth.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Moranbah, Australia
“Great service wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Brilliant, loved it. Great kids of char grilled chicken and wonderful lamb shanks and lamb cutlets. More than we could eat.

Visited January 2013
Cambridge, New Zealand
“Worse meal ever and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

our meal was booked for 8pm we ordered our meal with waitress who asked us both what entree we both wanted, we waited 35 minutes for it to come and was given just one and told we had to share it,it took a complaint and another 15 minutes for the 2 entree to arrive which was cold on arrival,which took another 15 minutes to arrive back at our table, the main was another 40 minutes and was left by both of us as it had a horrible rancid smell and taste, the deserts arrived which was i poached pear and 6 nuts and 4 pieces of dried fig and a drizzle of cream which has already started to disappear as this was not fresh but from a canister. The service was terrible and no one knew what the other was doing and waiting for another drink well thats another sad story. 1st taste of morrocan food and the last. which cost us $200 plus on the night.

Visited December 2012