“Something different” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Semo's Moroccan Canteens

Semo's Moroccan Canteens
Shop 2, 121 Cnr Venning Street & The Esplanade, Mooloolaba, Queensland 4557, Australia
07 54444582
Description: http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/semos/
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Loved the flavours! Service was great and very reasonable prices.they have great deals for early bird diners... Excellent for kiwis who haven't changed to local time.

Visited August 2012

79% Recommend
Hamilton, New Zealand
“mckenz1e”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Service and meal was great, tasty and wholesome. I had the lamb tagine, and my husband had the lamb shank and it was beautiful.

Visited July 2012
Shelly Beach, Australia
“Love the lamb shank!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We are only in Mooloolaba once a year but every year we eat at least once at Semo's. Tonight they again dished up a fabulous meal. Unfortunately I can only tell you that the lamb shank is to die for because it's so good that I can't bring myself to have any other main. The entree's are delicious and the meals are plentiful. If you dine early there's usually a great early bird special. The lady who runs Semo's is a great host and is really accommodating with special requests and kids meals.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MLDH36D
“There are better places to eat.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I've eaten here twice...

The first occassion was just my girlfriend and I, it was a 'nice' evening. It was a few months ago and I can't recall what I ate which tells you something.

The second occassion was more memorable for the wrong reasons, only went back as we needed somewhere short notice for a fairly large group. Even taking our group size into consideration the service was haphazard and painfully slow. The tagine was bland. The ambience was disappointing. Overall I would expect more for the money paid.

My advice would be give this place a miss, pay a little bit more and take the short walk to spice bar.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

4 of us ate at this restaurant the night before going Scuba Diving. While the menu looked pricey at the start, at the end of the meal (after ordering 3 courses, entree, main, dessert), the staff changed it to their meal deals, which ultimately saved us a lot of money. The food itself was extremely delicious, and the service was impeccable.

Visited May 2012