“Great location, great value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windward Apartments

Save Saved
You added Windward Apartments to your Saves list
Windward Apartments
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   137 Mooloolaba Esplanade, Mooloolaba, Queensland 4557, Australia   |
perth WA
“Great location, great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed at Windward from 1st - 4th March. The apartments were a great size, modern and great value. Highly recommend to anyone visiting the Sunshine Coast. Didn't see much sunshine will have to come back again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We arrived early and management worked hard to get our room ready. They happily stored our luggage and let us use the facilities till the eoom was ready. Large 3 bedroom apartment. Great kitchen, decked out very well. Nice balcony with furniture and a great view of the ocean. Handy location to coles. Nice stroll to shops, restaurants and patrolled surf beach. Kids had lots of fun the pool. After having driven past some of the fancier looking apartments we were initally a little disappointed with facade, however looks can deceiving and lucky for us that was true in this case. For the same money at a larger place we would have missed out on the beautiful ocen views.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Wellington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

I booked the Windward Apartments based on location and value for money - I wanted an ocean view with a balcony - as I was staying for nine nights. My first impression was WOW This is Huge! I had booked a one bedroom apartment and was pleasantly surprised with the amenities - two bathrooms and a very spacious living area with a full kitchen.
Prior to that I was impressed that on arrival from NZ a message had been left on my cellphone ensuring I had the correct combination to access my apartment as I was arriving after hours.
I had been to Mooloolaba one other time and had stayed a block back from the beach - I would definitely recommend beachfront accommodation, as even though the weather was a bit damper and overcast than I would have liked - the temp was still high 20's and the view from the balcony was great. The location of the Windward Apartments is excellent - the supermarket is two minutes walk away, and the start of the shopping and dining area of Mooloolaba is one minute away.
My only complaint was that the ceiling fan in the bedroom was a bit noisy if left on, but then the room would get too warm without it. I ended up opening the windows instead to get some air into the room - so easily remedied.
I would definitely recommend these apartments to others - and intend to come back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

To set the scene - My mum (54) and I (26) decided to go on a mother daughter week holiday in Mooloolaba. We wanted something close to Mooloolaba and views of the ocean. We researched a few places and settled on Windward...

On entering our room, I was shocked by the size.. the apartments are massive! The dining, lounge and kitchen are at a very very high standard, as was our furniture in the common area and was all obviously all quite new. The kitchen was fully kitted out with all the appliances you need as well.. saucepans, glassing, baking trays, oven, microwave, cutlrey.. you name it, the kitchen had it stocked! There is also a modern air con in the lounge, which cools the lounge room, dining room and kitchen. We would set the timer so it would come on just before arriving home. It was great! I can not speak highly enough of this area...

Mum and I spent quite a bit of time on the balcony, which had a modern 4 piece outdoor setting. Nice views of the ocean, and lovely to sit back and relax with a vino!

The bedrooms were however quite dated, the carpet in the rooms is quite worn, and did notice that under the bed needed a good vacume. There is ample storage space in the cupboards and a few coat hangers for convienience. Ceiling fans are in the bedrooms too, which were fantastic for a comfortable sleep and the beds are quite firm (which I like, so slept very well!). The bedrooms are huge, and have nice bedside tables and lamps if like me you like to read a book. My room was soundproof, but mum did notice the garbage man in her room though. The rooms are comfortable enough for a good nights rest.

There were 2 bathroom, one with an ensuite and the other has a HUGE bath with spa jets (nice, very nice). The bathrooms are a mixture of modern and dated and could use with some ventalation (but no big deal).

There is a communal pool, which is heated and great! Plus a Sauna (which I didn't check out) and a BBQ area, which was quite nice! I did also walk past a fitness room with a some exercise equipment (didn't take too much notice of this space, I am on holidays afterall!)

The cleaniess was ok, sheets and towels were obviously clean, but the carpets could have used a vacume and the window ledges were quite dusty.

Location was perfect, a quick stroll to the Whalf, cafes, restaurants, Coles Supermarket, beach (across the road) and everything really!

Just note that I believe each apartment is different, as when I was making my booking, I asked for a place with a modern living area - and was told some have cain settings. I stayed in 14B and were more than happy with the living space.

As long as you are looking for a comfortable place, which is well price for its AMAZING location, they I highly recommend it. If your looking for something 5 star, then I suggest you fork out the cash and pay for it!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
new zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

My extended family and I planned our christmas holiday around a stay at the Windward Apartments in Mooloolaba. We were looking for somewhere comfortable and 'homelike' to stay, as the family extended from grandparents to great-grandchildren. I will say that the location is great, but that is the only upper-hand these apartments have. The apartments were dirty, dusty and generally unclean on arrival, the living areas were generally comfortable, but lacked the general necessities to function as a contained apartment, the glassware had to be washed on arrival, and the only reason we were able to make up a full kitchen of untensils was because the other half of our family were situated in the unit next to us and we were able to combine supplies, without which we would not have been able to sweep or mop or prepare basic meals for the week that we were there. All in all in my opinion, we would have been much better off flagging these overpriced out-dated apartments and paying a little bit more to stay somewhere closer, cleaner and somewhere you dont get charged for leaving the already unclean apartment 'unclean', with an added late departure fee.
And its called Windward because it is in fact a wind trap, where you can barely sit on the balcony because of the wind, which drags dirt onto the deck, which isnt cleaned prior to arrival, drags dirt through the apartment, which cant be cleaned due to insufficient supplies.
These apartments are a Cgrade at a A-grade price rate. Shop around or pay more and have a good holiday.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
WindwardApartments, Manager at Windward Apartments, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
As you can see from the write up, these guests were the guest from hell. They have written a report like this to try and upset us. The cleaner we employ has been at the complex with 2 other Managers before us - for 8 years. If the cleaner was that bad she would be gone long before we arrived in 2008. We have many repeat guests from all parts of the globe including NZ. They obviously didnt like being charged for items that any other complex would charge them for
1/ They decided to check out late and never considered the cleaner who had to clean the room in time and have it ready for the next guest coming. They didnt even ask if it would be ok for themto stay on longer and have a late checkout.
2/ The apartment was left with dirty sihes lying around and all sorts of rubbish in the apartment, yet we have quite clear signs up
on our fridges about how the apartment
should be left on vacating.
3/ Our apartments are fitted out with all neceassary kitchen items, its only when families like these ones who are in two different apartments and combine the plates, glasses etc into one room that there is sometimes a shortage in one, but a huge overload in the other apartment. Bet they dont leave their plates and glasses at their mates place when they go out for a bbq.

This is not a attack at them but an explaination as to why we believed they wrote such a narsty report. Guests like that are not welcomed in Mooloolaba

Been to Windward Apartments? Share your experiences!