“Occasionally brilliant, often pathcy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 157 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Seafood, Mediterranean, Tapas
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Moffat Beach, there is definitely something about this picture perfect location that just keeps people coming back. And no wonder with Sunny's at Moffat's wonderful food combined with the perfect weather and our stunning views that can be seen from every table.Head chef, owner and Moffat Beach local, Sunny Moore has a passion for cooking and combined with stunning location keeps it alive all year round. Only the freshest, local produce is used with ingredients sourced from around the Sunshine Coast. The menu changes seasonally with old favourites remaining for our loyal customers that continue to return.With options covering big breakfasts, to lazy long lunches and delicious dinners there is always something to entice. The specials board constantly changes and gives the customers an insight into upcoming menu changes.Sunny's at Moffat is a family run business that loves to get to know you the customer just as well as we know all our staff members.We encourage that warm, comfortable, laid back atmosphere, that we love to work in and we know you enjoy.
Sunshine Coast
“Occasionally brilliant, often pathcy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We got to Sunny's a lot because we just adore the setting, sitting outside. We've had bad and good but mostly good and particularly when the manager is there. It gets so busy sometimes and when he is there he pulls everyone into gear and it works. Moffat is getting very busy so there's a good vibe, but I would not recommend going on weekends. Our weekday ventures to Sunny's have been more enjoyable. Food is casual and light. It's a beach cafe and it is true to that style.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Staff not so friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Different experience to our previous visit here. The first waitress was friendly and patient in getting our order. There were six at our table and I was the only one to order a coffee when drink requests were taken. The other drinks were brought to the table and the waitress said my coffee was coming. After the meals had arrived and been eaten, I tried to get the attention of another waitress to check on my coffee. I got a rather surly "alright in a minute" which put me in my place. She did come back after attending to some other customers and changed to a more polite manner. I explained that I had ordered a coffee that did not arrive. A coffee arrived shortly after. I had my doubts though and checked the bill. You guessed it - charged for two coffees even though the first never arrived. They also had rung up an incorrect meal that was more expensive. The waitress on the till responded well when I pointed this out and the bill was amended. Meal was ok but the experience is so easily spoilt by these lapses, particularly when there are numerous other options only a few metres away!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Friendly staff with quick service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Arrived from Brisbane at 2pm and happy to find a licensed restaurant still serving meals. Enjoyed lovely spicy moroccon squid with a glass of wine and a coffee to follow and all the while watching the surf. A must do visit. The staff were lovely except for the surly chap taking the money. He needed an attitude check.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Weather was awful outside but the reception was warm in the restaurant. Staff were very attentive and service was prompt. Blackboard special soup had run out but the potato and leek subsitute was good. There is no shortage of competition in the area so not surprising they were working hard to please. Decor is not special but the whole point of eating here is to enjoy the view across the park to the beach (when the weather allows sitting outside).

Happy to go back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Fast becoming a must do tradition in our family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We came here for our second dinner and really enjoyed it again. Delicious appetizers and tasty mains.

The risotto was exactly what I wanted and the mango and chicken spring rolls were a home run with that intensely fresh dipping sauce.

I recommend you go here soon.

• Visited May 2012