“Pet Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 147 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Australian, International, Café
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a relaxed Breakfast or Lunch with view over the water.If you feel for a light meal or the full deal.Why not try our home made Cakes , Scones or Quiches for morning tea.Open from Tuesday - Sunday from 7.30am - 3.00 pm . We are Fully licensed.NOW PET FRIENDLY , BRING YOUR DOG THEY ARE WELCOME BY US.On the leash and well behaved and any size .
Brisbane, Australia
“Pet Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

What a wonderful experience. The food was excellent, I had the Morrocan chicken tagine. Yummy! The service was exceptional and to be able to take my little dog was brilliant. All the dogs in there were so well behaved and I can only put it down to the wonderfully relaxed atmosphere. Well done! Makes me think I should move up there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Maleny, Australia
“Lovely location. Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The cafe is in a lovely spot overlooking the Pumicestone Passage, but the service was lacking on the day I was there - we were completely forgotten with a drinks order, and had to ask for water a couple of times before we got it. The food was average and seemed to be pitched at the bland end of the market. I had Morrocan chicken and it didn't have any spicey 'zing' that freshly ground spices, fresh herbs or lemon juice would have contributed. To be fair - the prices aren't expensive so it's probably not meant to be a gourmet experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Copacabana, Australia
“Good value and excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I visit Golden Beach annually and this little gem of a place is perfect for a getaway from the main hub of cafes and restaurants. The food is always delicious and for its position, directly opposite Bribie Island, great value. I love the Sweet Corn Fritters for breakfast or if I'm around for lunch I usually pick from the Blackboard Menu. Yesterday I chose the Swordfish steak, cooked perfectly it was delicate and soft. Compliments to the chef and very helpful waitstaff.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maleny, Australia
“Pumicestone Passage Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

For the second time in the last few months I took my 84 year old Mother for a wonderful, relaxing and very tasty lunch at the Moorings Cafe. It's run by a friendly husband and wife team, he cooks, she looks after the customers, who are clearly passionate about what they do. I had the Linguine with Salmon and my Mum had the Sweetcorn Fritters with Avocado, Salsa and Salmon. Both were delicious and great value. My Mum and I both ate everything on our plates, not leaving any crumb behind - and I confess we are both often fussy eaters. The meal was topped off by attentive and unobtrusive service by our hostess AND that wonderful, serenely peaceful view over our much loved waterway between Caloundra and Bribie Island - Pumicestone Passage. A perfect lunch - simple and excellent.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunshine Coast
“Fantastic view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We meet fairly regularly there to have coffee or a meal with friends. The food is excellent, the staff friendly and efficient and the view across Pumicestone Passage to Bribie Island is amazing.

Visited January 2013