“Was not happy with "executive studio" room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel

You added Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Corner Nicklin Way & 36 Browning Boulevard, Caloundra, Queensland 4551, Australia   |
“Was not happy with "executive studio" room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

At first, it's not so central as you might think. A car is essential to get anywhere. Our studio room was tiny - not what we expected of "executive" room, how it was called on their website. Big window faced a public corridor which for its turn faced a highway, so it was quite noisy in early morning. There was only one section working properly in the aircon, so it took a lot of time to get some cool air. Kettle had queer black stains inside and a slight chemical smell (was replaced at reception). Some of kithenware wasn't cleaned up properly. Fan in the bathroom didn't work.
On a bright side, lady at the reception was very nice and friendly, the room was clean in general, wi-fi was free and pretty fast, undercovered parking was also useful. All right for an overnight stay, but for a longer stay may not be comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Caloundra Centr... D, Manager at Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thankyou for taking the time to review our property and as the new Managers will take your comments on board Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My second visit to the Sunshine Coast for accommodation - Unlike the first stay at Merrima Court Holidays this place was a breath of fresh air - From the moment I walked into the room I felt happy that I'd chosen to stay at this well presented and clean accommodation!
The apartment was spacious, clean and fresh looking completed with a fabulous view of the ocean!

Room Tip: Apartment with view of coastline
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thankyou for taking the time to offer us such a positive review. I will share this with the staff. Look forward to seeing you again Kind regards
Hervey Bay, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

don't book a single bedroom apartment, unfortunately we did. They say they are spacious ,they are anything but with just enough room to walk either side of the bed. They put a microwave and television in the room and call it an apartment, the ensuite is also extra small with hardly enough room to dry yourself. Would not recommend and would never stay there again. Booked through Wotif below standard for money. Room very stuffy even with air running all night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thankyou for your review of our property and I hope you give us a try again as new Managers. The 1 ,2 and3 bedroom apartments have spacious separate lounge/dining/kitchen and large balcony overlooking the pool area. The single room with ensuite are our studio's Kind regards
Tweed Heads, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Pro's
Comfortable Bed
Spacious fully self contained unit - 1 bedroom
Views of the pool and ocean
Good underground parking
Very friendly and helpful reception
Easy to find
Close to where we needed to be

Con's
Bath needed a clean
Dirty toilet brush holder
Found a hair in one of the oven trays
In between the couches needed a vacuum
Some of the walls needed a wipe down (previous drinks spilt)
(I have a baby so cleanliness is VERY IMPORTANT!!)
Kitchen needed tea towels, and didn't have any sharp knives to cook with.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and would stay again, perhaps a friendly word to the housekeeping department!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your innovative format is helpful to us as new managers of Caloundra Central Apartments. We have addressed your concerns and would love to see you again Kind regards Management and Staff
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This review is long overdue. During my trip to Australia I mostly stayed with friends. But I needed a break and found this property located near to where I was staying so the location was perfect for me. It is not on the beach. Overall I liked this property and compared to others I checked on, it had the best value at the time. The staff was accommodating and found a larger room for me at a great rate. It was a 1-bedroom corner unit with a great view of the ocean and a nice outdoor terrace. When I needed a couple of items for the kitchen they sent it up quickly. The bathroom needed a little attention but other than that, I felt it was very clean. It included a breakfast the next morning, which was unimpressive. I was glad to have it included as eating out for breakfast in this area is very pricey! I didn't notice until the next day after I had checked-out that I had left some jewelry behind. To my surprise, the housekeeper had turned it in. I would recommend this property as long as you are not looking for 5-star amenities and need the space. I would give it a "good" rating and would stay here again. Tripadvisor does not have a designation for good, just average or very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thankyou for your review and I hope you enjoyed Australia. I will pass it onto our staff Kind Regards Management and Staff Caloundra Central Apartments
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 1 bedroom studio for 1 night booked on wotif for $175 a night for 2 adults & 1 child. Car parking easy underground, lifts are filthy inside & need attention. Entered into our room it was large with seperate toilet near the foyer, full washing facility in a cupboard with washer/dryer. Kitchen is good for families wishing to stay longer & cook. Had a swim in the pools& this was the highlight of the stay. The walls & curtains/window tracks/smell of carpets & furniture need cleaning attention. Such a let down to the whole facility. I read previous comments & totally agree with the atmosphere because of the permanent residents...like being within a housing deparment. Totally not worthy of the money we paid.

• Stayed October 2013
Thankyou for reviewing our property and as new managers we have addressed your issues
Banbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for one sunday night in a three bed apartment . On arrival in the apartment we found ants crawling along the wall from the window to the wardrobe. As it was a Sunday night the reception was shut therefore couldn't report the problem. Whilst getting the children ready for bed , a massive cockroach appeared in the bathroom and scuttled under the bed. Needless to say the children were frightened to sleep in that room so we ended up having to cram three children into two beds in the other room. I complained the next morning , only to be told , " that's nature " . Not impressed and wouldn't stay there again . We travelled around Australia for 3 weeks and can honestly say this was the most expensive place we stayed in and had the worst customer care.

Stayed August 2013
As the new Managers of Caloundra Central apartments we pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction and we thank you for taking the time to express your disappointment. I believe all your issues have been addressed.

Been to Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!