“I'd rather be sleeping on a park bench” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel

You added Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Corner Nicklin Way & 36 Browning Boulevard, Caloundra, Queensland 4551, Australia   |
“I'd rather be sleeping on a park bench”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Where to start? The building is hideous and run down, the website just outright lies about the location. This place is nowhere near the beach. The closest beach is in fact 1.8km away... hardly a "short stroll" as advertised. the pictures of this place are nothing like the actual rooms. while the rooms are clean, the sheets feel like sleeping on sandpaper and the 'cable TV' includes around 3 channels which have terrible quality. very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013
Caloundra Centr... D, Manager at Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear sextasy,

Thank you for your candid review. We strive hard to keep our quality to the best possible and if we were told of your issues would have done everything possible to correct them. So lets look at the facts.

1. If there is one area of our complex we do not get complaints about is the quality of our beds. We ourselves live in the complex, use the same beds/linen and find them more than suitable. In fact we are told on a consistent basis how good the beds are.

2. The beach is approx 900 metres away which my wife and walk it every second day and it takes 10-12 minutes. We are over 60 yrs old and find it a short stroll.

3. We have 12 channels on Austar and if by chance someone had changed the tuning or you were on the incorrect channel source a phone call to our reception would have allowed us to retune the channels to your satisfaction.

I can assure you the pictures of our apartments, pools and complex are true and not doctored in any way. Last year we upgraded the bedware, lamps and TV's with the entire complex receiving a makeover later this year. I would be only too happy to discuss your stay with us further.

Regards
Terry
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Seymour, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This used to be a Quest. I got a standard Studio room. Certainly not large or the Quest quality room I'm used to. The corridor areas are really concrete, high rise carpark feel but the rooms are comfy, renovated maybe 3-5 yrs ago. Seems pretty quiet - few guests, not sure if its one of the cheaper accom in area but I've stayed at far worse in this area.

• Stayed March 2013
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed in apartment 2091 on Saturday night and although the apartment was comfortable and well maintained, finding it was another story. The parking is a bit of a jumble as there is no allocated parking and the idea is to grab the first available. We found the lift (in back corner) but our room number did not indicate the floor. We stopped on first floor and the signs were not helpful at all and didnot indicate anthing close to our room number so we proceeded to the second floor. We got out a had a bit of a walk around before deciding to retreat back to first floor where we did find our room number - on inner door not outside door - access to two rooms through outer door.
We were pleasantly surprised with how quiet the room was despite being very near to Nicklin Way and to the gents partying on next level balcony at 12 am.
Our bed was very comfortable and everything was spotless. Our view from balcony was of other balconys and a tiny bit of ocean through the buildings. Oh and back to the lifts, the one from garage to reception was not working on Saturday when we booked in and the carpark lift was not working when we arrived home late on Saturday night - this I do understand BUT, there are no signage to point to the stairs to get up to upper levels. There was a door near left marked Staff. So after walking around the car park area, we found a set of stairs rather by luck than good management and got to our room. Although our room was very clean, comfortable and quiet, we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a long weekend during the crazy weather after a cyclone and 6 tornadoes had a party further north. My in-laws and sister had moved into our house, so all we were looking for was somewhere that wasn't home. I quite impressed with size and price of the room. The "no service" side of things was great, because we stayed indoors all weekend anyway. The kitchen was lovely for cooking up our own thing. In hindsight, I am very appreciative of the weather, because we didn't have a chance to be disappointed by the size of the pool or the fact that nothing worth seeing was in walking distance. I was disappointed that we couldn't get through to the adjoining restaurant (I can only assume they were closed for the Australia Day long weekend?), but I did like that when the dishwasher broke a glass, they didn't charge us. Overall, I thought it was a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hervey Bay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Lovely stay at this very modern apartment enroute home. Had everything we needed and more. Staff at the reception very helpful and friendly. Close to shopping centre, five minute drive to Caloundra. Bit misleading with the name though....looking at the name you would assume that it was in the centre of Caloundra, but nice apartments though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Caloundra Centr... D, Manager at Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for the review of Caloundra Central Apartments. We have worked hard in our 10 months of being managers with upgrades in all rooms plus the external building is about to take on a rejuvination next year. It makes us feel very proud when a comment such as yours is posted online. Unfortunately we cannot do much about the name as all of our sites are managed under the Central Property Group.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Terry and Jenny Darke
Managers
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Took my family to the coast for the weekend at last minute and found the CCAH. The very spacious, 2 bedroom apartment we stayed in, looked fresh and clean enough to make me believe it may have gone through a refurbishment in the last year or so. The facilities were reasonable but you don't go to the Sunshine Coast to stay at the hotel. As most people have already said, the biggest let down is the location. There is also the kooky design feature of bedroom windows opening onto the thoroughfare which essentially renders the room windowless. We didn't mind, as it was the kid's room but for other travelers, this could be a real disappointment.
I do think, that given more time, you could find apartments that represent better value.
BTW. I don't know why, but I took offence to the sign in my room threatening a $30 fee if I didn't wash my dishes and take out the rubbish. At $250 a night, I expect not to have to do household chores. Is that wrong?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My daughter booked here to surprise her boyfriend with a getaway for his 21st birthday. She had originally booked a studio apartment thru wotif.com, but we later phoned the apartments directly and arranged an upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment with balcony for a small fee. They were also aware it was a special celebration. Wow! The apartment was fantastic with great views over the pool and towards Lake Currimundi and to the beach, a huge balcony, great kitchen and lounge and facilities....they were so excited! And the staff also remembered to wish my daughters boyfriend a happy 21st! They loved sitting on the balcony (watching the amazing electrical storm that swept thru!) and simply wandered downstairs to the onsite Sitar Indian restaurant for dinner which they enjoyed back up on the balcony. They spent the days relaxing at Moffat and Dicky Beach and on Lake Currimundi and drove up to Montville on the last day. They staff were lovely and the place was spotless. Thank you for providing a wonderful upgrade which really made the weekend a fabulous 21st birthday escape! Ad they will definitely be back to use the gift voucher you gave them on check out! This place is set back from the beaches on the Nicklin Way, but is easily accessible to Caloundra and especially the beautiful northern beaches of Caloundra with a car. I believe these apartments may be under new management, hence the great review and experience!

Room Tip: Pay the extra to upgrade from a studio and request a balcony with a view to the beach!