I think when people write reviews they need to be more reasonable. I read a few reviews before I stayed at the Grand Pacific and some of them made me worry about what we'd end up with on arrival. Look, we only had a small TV but who is really there to sit and watch TV all day?? Yeah, the towels were a little thin but they still dried us and did the job! Would people seriously write negative reviews with this content? I guess so.
I was more than happy when we got there. We got a good deal from wotif.com, had a 'garden view' room (#114) which was a 2 bedroom apartment. I had noticed a poor review for this room on earlier pages but it has been updated since that review was written - I think if people have any concerns before they go they need to make a phone call to the resort and make further enquiries. I did exactly this and requested a refurbished room if possible as it was a special family weekend away for us. I was told they couldn't guarantee this but they'd make a note of it - the receptionist was lovely and helpful.
Back to our room. The garden view did look out over lovely manicured gardens but also a fantastic view of the pool and the ocean. We were really happy with being on the 9th floor and it wasn't far to anywhere. The aircon was lovely, room was very clean, bed was very comfy! There wasn't any annoying noises coming from anywhere, in fact the rooms surrounding were very quiet. The location of the resort is fantastic, close to shops/restaurants/boardwalk and a wonderful kids play park around the corner. The pool is amazing, great for kids and big enough to get away from the kids if you want a quiet swim. Looks lovely at night when it's lit up blue.
Really enjoyed our stay, would love to stay again and think we probably will :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BreakFree Grand Pacific is just an hour's drive north of Brisbane in Caloundra, the southern gateway to Queensland's Sunshine Coast. Boasting sweeping, uncrowded beaches, unspoiled waterways and friendly locals, Caloundra has a "yet-to-be-discovered" vibe that makes it a rare holiday destination. At BreakFree Grand Pacific you can choose from 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments available in garden, water view and roof top styles. The garden apartments have a private patio and garden views while the water view apartments feature a balcony and look out over the ocean and beyond to Pumicestone Passage. Roof top apartments have great views along with a private roof top or courtyard barbeque with a 4 seat outdoor spa bath. All apartments include air conditioning, cable TV, DVD player, balcony or patio, stereo system with CD and a spa bath is featured in most. From a prime waterfront location resort facilities include a heated lagoon pool and 2 spas, gym, games room for the kids, sauna and meeting facilities for up to 130 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast Hotel Caloundra
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Caloundra
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast Caloundra, Australia