“One night stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Oasis

You added Oaks Oasis to your Saves list
Oaks Oasis
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2 Landsborough Parade, Caloundra, Queensland 4551, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Direct & Save 10%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
Queensland, Australia
“One night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice hotel/resort walking distance to the centre of Caloundra. Room was large, clean and modern with large TV. Beds were comfortable. Reception welcome was very nice and friendly. Plenty of car parks in front of the hotel wing where we stayed. Free wifi but only 30min per day. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Pepi2010,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Oaks Oasis. I will ensure our reception staff are passed on your compliments. Our rooms are refurbished and I am pleased you liked them. Our housekeeping team take great pride in their work and will be happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Marion Newell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Myself and two children 4 yr and 6yr girls recently spent 4 nights at this hotel. The weather was perfect for us so for 10 hrs of each day the girls enjoyed the excellent facility of the on site water park. I loved the fact that it was clean and well monitored by staff. They had a canteen inside the fenced facility which was very convenient. There was also a pool and spa that was supposed to be heated, I dont believe this is the case. It was freezing, even the kids found it too cold! ! The restaurant was lovely however I did find expensive. There are plenty of options near by to eat at. Looking forward to returning and so too are the kiddos!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Nearoh,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Oaks Oasis. My apologies for the spa not being heated, yes it is supposed to be hot, due we are sourcing a part which is taking longer than expected to arrive. The water park is definitely a fun place for the children to spend hours playing.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything was perfect for our needs, room was clean and well equiped, staff friendly, pool clean and inviting, waterpark great for kids, on site restaurant clean with lots of variety of food and pleasant outlook onto water lilies pool, close to shops and beach. We loved our stay and will return.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor to have a view, as they have lifts.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jane T,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Oasis. We have a great team that enjoy reading the reviews from guests like yourself that enjoy all the facilities in our resort.

Thank you again and hope to see you back soon

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good location, friendly staff, clean, modern spacious apartments with free wifi. Only downside was the pool was a bit dirty.

A great place for families with the water park. We will go back with our little one.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Lindsay O

Thank you for your review of Oaks Oasis. The water park is indeed something that keeps children entertained for hours. We clean our water park and resort pool daily ans are closing our water park this week for 10 days to do a deep clean. Our refurbished rooms are very nice and I will pass on your complirments to our staff.

We look forward to you coming back soon

Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My 3 kids, parents, nephew and myself have now stayed twice and we love it. I would be hard pressed to stay anywhere else. The $15 breaky, kids eat free is a perfect way to start the day especially the pancake machine. Then the kids are happy to play, look at the eels and hand catch some fish in the beautiful pond while I enjoy a quiet coffee. The waterpark keeps them happy all day (an easy lunch of sausage sizzle) while I relax on the lounge and the open grassed space where they run and play ball whilst I relax with a glass of wine expends that last bit of energy before our very comfortable bed. This last visit we didn't even leave the grounds. With woolworths across the road makes for an easy walk to cook in the well equipped kitchen. It sounds like I work for Oasis, no, Just LOVE the staff, (thanks Abbey G) grounds and the experience! See you soon!

Room Tip: We stay in executive family, whilst I put my parents in the 1brm with kitchen. Divide and Conquer!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Kylie R

Thank you for such a great review of Oaks Oasis. We offer many activities for all ages, as you and your family experienced. I will pass on your wonderful comments to our team. The breakfast special over Easter and school holidays made breakfast an affordable option, and the pancake machine is definitely a popular choice for all

Again, thank you for the feedback

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked last minute for a Sunday. Was cheap at $129. The water park is great for kids. Rooms are clean and air con sets and holds temperature. My wife and I both had Vienna schnitzel at the Resteraunt and we both woke up at 4am with "upset" tummies. This wasn't good as our 1 year old woke up with the light and noise . I don't know how a schnitzel could do this but is was obvious timing.

Stayed April 2015
Marion N, General Manager at Oaks Oasis, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Trevortolson

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oaks Oasis. I am pleased you enjoyed the room and the water park. I hope you are feeling better now. The heath and safety of our guests is paramount across all our of resorts and have investigated and reinforced the standards based upon your review. Please feel free to contact me directly at gmoasis@theoaksgroup.com.au if you wish to discuss this further.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I travel often on mini breaks with my family and I was very disappointed with the accomodation in this resort, so much so I would not recommend a family executive room to others. This room was overpriced and it's essentially a outdated motel room suitable for a couple only and was cramped and unsuitable for a lengthy stay. There is no fresh air, if your on the ground floor you can't keep the windows open unless you want no privacy, no toaster or space to hang out wet pool towels and for the price you pay to stay it should be serviced daily.
The water park is the draw card for this resort but it is not worth the lack of modern accomodation, and it's capitalised being let out to vacation care groups so it's also very busy. The pool is adequate (although spa heating would of been more pleasant in April) and accompanying restaurant and tennis courts were great too.

The resort location is convenient to local beaches, parks, restaurants and supermarkets. If the weather is not great this resort is not ideal as the rooms are so cramped (3 people in the family executive room was hell). Whilst in Caloundra we met countless people who commented that the rooms are all small and overpriced and honesty I wish I'd known this before I went, I won't be back, it's not worth the money for the experience of being so cramped.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Marion N, General Manager at Oaks Oasis, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear MICAFI,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback for your stay with us at Oaks Oasis. We certainly take on board any compliments, concerns and suggestions our valued guests pass on. I am sorry that the executive family room did not meet your expectation. Our family executive rooms are 30 square meters and have 2 queen beds in them with tea and coffee making facilities. The Studio and One and two bedroom apartments have a mini kitchenette in the rooms. The water park is open to the public and is enjoyed by the young and young at heart. During your stay the spa heater is broken and we are in the processes of replacing this, please accept my apologies for this being out of order. I am pleased you enjoyed the tennis courts and our Reflections restaurant.

Marion Newell

Been to Oaks Oasis? Share your experiences!