“Bravo! This place should have been in Melbourne!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 145 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Indian, Mexican, Californian, Balti
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Melbourne, Australia
“Bravo! This place should have been in Melbourne!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Upon recommendation from our hotel manager, we visited this restaurant with my family. The food was sensational, rich flavours that we never tasted before. I had the Angry Madras Lamb curry and it surely was the hottest curry but I didn’t mind it at all. My wife had the Indi Mex Bombito Chicken. Wow! It was amazing with all the flavours of guacamole, sour cream and beans melting in your mouth. It is not an expensive place. We wanted to come again but unfortunately we were leaving Caloundra the next day. The staff told us that they are opening one branch in Brisbane. Good luck to them. With food so good and owner chef cooking it himself, they have got the it right. I wish we could have one Indiyum in Melbourne too. Indiyum rocks. The food is really yummmmmmmmy here! Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent Indian, and Mexican too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This place is interesting, in that they serve an eclectic mix of Indian classics and Mexican-inspired fusion dishes. This works out well for me, as Indian food generally isn't my preferred cuisine.

So while you can get all of your Indian favorites here, you can also enjoy guacamole that's better than what you'll find at most Mexican restaurants on the Coast. Or a Bombitto, which is an Indian take on a traditional Mexican burrito. It's filled with curried chicken or lamb, topped off with fresh salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, and ridiculously good. The only problem with the Bombitto is that it discourages me from trying some of their other dishes.

Prices are reasonable, and portions are generous. I've never gone home from Indiyum hungry.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spring Hill, Australia
“Excellent food and vibrant staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have been a regular of Indiyum Caloundra going on almost a year now and although I've moved to Brisbane, Indiyum is my restaurant of choice when coming back to the Sunny Coast. Whether I'm taking away or eating in with family the staff are always friendly and accommodating to every request. The prices are very reasonable for such quality food and I always love introducing new people to the delicious cuisine Indiyum produces day in day out. My suggestions for a first-timer would be any of the Indi-Mex fusion dishes, particularly the "Indi-Mex Bombito". My partner is Mexican born and was surprised by the authenticity and creativity of such a dish - definitely worth a try! And for the side it's difficult to go past the "garlic, bacon, chilli and oregano naan".

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Helen & Shane "great food, service & atmosphere"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We are only new to Indian Cuisine & found this a wonderful experience. We were not sure what to order so we asked for suggestions. We also had the Lamb cutlets for entrée & OMG could of had more. Even tried Indian Beer. Looking forward to going back to Caloundra to see them again. Also looking forward to visiting there 2nd restaurant which should be open end of April, called Indimex, 401 Logan Rd, Greenslopes as this will have the same menu. Yummy.

Sydney, Australia
“Great, relaxed place for a meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We can across this place for dinner on holidays in Caloundra after reading reviews on TA. It was open on Monday night, which was a bonus. Upon arriving, we were greeted warmly and told to sit anywhere, as the place was only around 30% full. It’s a pretty casual dining place, with roller windows that open to the street and the option of barstool seating that faces the street too. Their large and extensive menu certainly made for an interesting and educational read! We started off with the chicken tikka, which was delicious- flavoursome and juicy. Our mains of the signature lamb shank curry and the biryani. The staff were extremely attentive- even coming back to confirm whether we could handle the heat as some dishes we ordered were medium-spicy! When we asked that, I got a little worried, as generally people have differing views of spiciness, but when the food arrived it was perfect- hot but not so much that it was uncomfortable. Would definitely recommend this place for everyone; enough variety so the locals can come regularly, and enough familiar Indian dishes for out of towners!

• Visited February 2014