“Superb Oysters, Sensational Service ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alfie's Mooo Char and Bar

Alfie's Mooo Char and Bar
Corner of Otranto Ave & The Esplanade Caloundra | Caloundra, Caloundra, Queensland 4551, Australia
+61 54928155
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 141 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Superb Oysters, Sensational Service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have just enjoyed a delicious lunch with my girlfriend.
The head chef Janine Langer (Alfie's wife) has put together a well rounded menu with lots of options and the quail was so so flavoursome, the crunchy noodle coleslaw salad the best I have ever had.
The champagne went down like a hit and then we stayed until the late evening and enjoyed the $10 cocktails offered on a Friday night.
The lychee Martinis were fresh delicious and had a huge kick.
My lunch that turned into dinner was a great day out at Alfie's.
Thank God there is somewhere decent in Caloundra to have good food, friendly service and a fun time.
Congratulations Alfie Langer !!

John C, Owner at Alfie's Mooo Char and Bar, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thanks for the very nice review you wrote for our restaurant. We are pleased you enjoyed your experience at Alfies Mooo Char, and look forward to being able to serve you again when you next visit us.

“Friendly Friendly Friendy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Wow I was blown away by the fantastic service here. We went for Lunch with 2 little children. The staff could not do enough to make a lunch pleasent and enjoyable. Colouring books for the kids no problem high chairs no problem. Amazing THANKS heaps for a wonderful lunch also great food great price and great staff LOVED IT....

Visited November 2013
“Could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The menu options aren't huge for this place.we had dinner...I got prawn and scallop fettucine and my husband got sticky ribs....we both really enjoyed them but they were probably a little expensive when compared to other similar themed places.....wouldn't be our first choice to return to

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
We are sorry to hear that your visit to our restaurant was not up to expectations. We do keep a watch on competitors pricing within the Sunshine Coast area to ensure we are not overpriced. We do thank you for providing your opinion, as it is only with feedback both positive and negative that we can continue to improve.
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been to Alfies quite a few times. Last time I was there 2 months ago I was dissapointed . I was told it was a new menu so I thought okay just a bad night .Last night I took 20 family members there only to be disappointed once again . Not only me but only 2 people enjoyed their meal .No return patronage from us which is a shame.

First of all I apologize for not answering this posting sooner as I have been out of the country. We are very disappointed that the dining experience for you and your family with us was not what you had expected. I have discussed the points you made with our staff so that they are aware of the problems you had on the night. If you wish to call the restaurant, I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in more detail. Once again please accept our apologies.
“What's happened????”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Being a local and a patron for the past 5 years I am surprised and extremely disappointed with the food and service last night. It was explained to us the menu has recently been changed but boy o boy what a mistake I believe that has been. Love my oysters and up until last night always said Alfie served the best - creamy kilpatrick in a word 'terrible'. Pizza bread lovely and filled us up after waiting 45 minutes for it to arrive. Another half hour when main meal arrived - my pasta was 'just' warm with the scallops nearly cooked and husbands pork ribs drowned in a strange 'plum' sauce. To anyone considering dining here my advice would be that there are a lot of better venues in Caloundra but if you do go 'good luck'

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Firstly I must apologize for the lateness in replying to your post, but I have been out of the country and only recently returned. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor dining experience when you last visited our restaurant. We do not want any customer especially those who are regulars, to go away having had a bad experience. I am not sure what night you were at the restaurant, but if you wish to call me at the restaurant I would like to be able to discuss the problems with you personally. Once again we deeply apologize for your experience and the inconvenience it as caused you.