“Would recommend - great for families” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chinese food
Gold Coast
“Would recommend - great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have been to this restaurant twice on our holiday visits. My favorite is the Birds Nest dish in the specials section. Very good for families as the food comes out pretty quickly post ordering. Price & service quite good as well. Would recommend.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Caloundra, Australia
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I love Chinese food, and these guys never fail to impress :)

Sydney
“Pretty good classic Chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have to say that I was really sceptical when a group of us decided to eat at this restaurant. But I take it all back, the food was delicious. Each of the dishes we ordered were tasty and the ingredients used were of good quality. The menu options are your classic Chinese dishes that we all know, love and grew up with. We ordered two different wines and both were quite good.

The service was a little hit and miss. The owner was fantastic, she went around to each of the tables making sure everyone was happy. Some of the waitresses seemed a bit inexperienced but they were friendly...

I would recommend the Flambe pork on their specials menu and the satay beef was yum. I would definitely go back when I'm in Caloundra again.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aust
“Great Chinese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have been coming to this restaurant for many years and never fails to disappoint. Very consistent.

It is more expensive than other Chinese restaurants in the area but is well worth it.

Chilli combination is my favorite dish there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moreton Island, Australia
“Good Chinese food in the main street of Caloundra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This restaurant has been operating in Caloundra for the last 25 years with the same owners.

The restaurant is decorated in Chinese style and seems like it hasn't changed much in those 25 years. We've eaten here in the past and decided to try it again.

We experienced good service, and excellent food. Had the prawn toast as an entree, something I've not ordered for years. It was extremely good with a thick layer of prawns. The flaming satay chicken for one of the mains was very tender and tasty as was the pork with plum sauce. We requested chopsticks, as the table was set with a spoon and fork for eating, unlike the majority of Chinese restaurants in Brisbane.

The drinks, including soft drinks are overpriced in my opinion.

There seems to be an endless stream of people getting takeaway meals - a good sign. Few people dined in, but it was the middle of winter and cold outside.

When we were finished one of the owners came to ask if we enjoyed the meal, a nice personal touch.

Overall a good meal, great service, pleasant staff and owners. A little more expensive than we are used to, but we were happy with the food.

• Visited July 2011