“Best in Caloundra By Far” 5 of 5 stars

07 5491 9511
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Amici Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Vegetarian, Pasta
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In life, we all need friends to love, laugh and eat with. Amici is the Italian translation of friends. So whether you’re after the full dine in experience with the amazing service, delicious food and relaxed atmosphere or feel like staying in with our take away or home delivery, Amici wants to be a part of all your memories, like friends should be. The simplest things in life are the best and that’s why we keep our food that way. Made fresh from the freshest local ingredients available, each and every dish is made with love and passion to give you a dish that’s full of flavour and worth remembering. The heart of Amici lies in the young hands of owners Sarah and Jason. Both work together as the perfect combination, Sarah leads her friendly team out the front to provide you with a full table service experience while Jason and his team in the kitchen work on making the simple yet delicious modern Italian food to complete your experience.Facing onto Knox Avenue on the side of the luxury apartments, Aspect Caloundra, Amici is a casual neighborhood gathering spot where you’re immediately embraced by the restaurant’s warm, contemporary ambiance and friendly vibe. The Aroma from the kitchen promises fresh, modern Italian cuisine. We offer an extensive dinner menu along with a thoughtful wine list and drinks selection. Amici will cater to all your dining needs.So next time your around stop in and say hi and try our delicious Pizza, Pasta or one of our mouth-watering mains for yourself. Or, if you live or are staying in Caloundra, Kings Beach, Dicky Beach, Moffat Beach, Shelly Beach, Golden Beach, Aroona, Battery Hill, Caloundra West, Currimundi, Little Mountain, Meridan Plains or Pelican Waters we’ll happily deliver your meal right to your door.
Caloundra, Australia
“Best in Caloundra By Far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Good menu. Very attentive and obliging staff. Reasonably priced wine list. Food excellent. Overall, great value for money. Will return.

Visited October 2013
AmiciCafeCaloundra, Manager at Amici Cafe, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Simple, sweet and to the point. Love it! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you back!

Caloundra, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Above expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of dining tonight at Amici with a small birthday group of four celebrating a 21st . We reserved an early dinner at 17:30 as the restaurant was booked heavily later and we asked to sit outside as I noticed in a previous review that the pizza oven could be noisy . When we arrived we were looked after efficiently & politely . The staff had organised a great table & dressed it with a dusting of sparkles a nice touch. We ordered beer & a cocktail ( not overly priced)
My wife & I shared an antipasti plate (very good )I had the spicy steak perfectly done (rare) & my wife had the salmon with vegetables without the potato (no problems with a deviation from the menu)other meals where just as good . The water glasses were refilled without having to ask . We brought a cake that my wife had cooked but when the staff brought it out it looked spectacular the staff had dressed it up beautifully .
I cannot say how impressed we were with the service staff & the quality & presentation of meals. I looked around at some of the other meals & deserts & the high standard was consistent
I'll be going back definitely

London
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We came here because of the good reviews and were not disappointed. The service was friendly and efficient, atmosphere was nice, and prices were reasonable. And the food was fantastic. We ordered gnocchi and pizza. The pizza was excellent, but the gnocchi was so good we were actually fighting over it. We left very satisfied.

Brisbane
“Excellent meal: each dish looked and tasted stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Our Friday night booking found us perched under the servery....the heat lamps cooking up my head and the food. The restaurant was full and lively. Service was not quick....but did happen.
The menu was interesting enough....the food was a whole different story.
We shared the bruschetta (very good) and the spicy calamari (very, very good).
I had the veal tortellini....and was not expecting anything special. Well, I got something very special: the tortellinis were perfect, the sauce with its peppercorns was marvellous, the prawns numerous and well infused with the taste of the sauce.
I tasted the gnocchi bolognese and two other dishes .....each and everyone looked great and tasted marvellous.
The desserts were artistic, very tasty and effectively a guilt trip that was the dot on the "i" and the crossing of the the "t".
The real point about our experience was that the food was genuinely exciting and "flavoursome" . It was very good value for well prepared and well presented cuisine - as opposed to the expensive and indifferent food that we have experienced in Brisbane.
Thank you Amici!

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Sensational.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Could you find a better dine-in and take away restaurant here in Caloundra with unparalleled food and service? Probably not.
Since the opening of Amici three years ago, it has done nothing but soar. The owners have done an outstanding job and it just keeps getting better. From the moment you sit down you are well assured that you are in for a treat. Water, menus and a giant smile to begin; a beautiful cocktail, wine, beer or spirit from Sarah's well stocked bar comes second. No need to bring your own wine when they have over three pages of wines to choose from, yet they still allow for BYO wine if you are too fussy.
Once you have finally made a decision from quite a large menu, entrees are served in perfect time, along with the rest of our meal. The behind scenes team seemingly to work in sync with each other to produce gorgeous, well presented meals with a good ol' hint of Italian coming from Jason and his family.
And then comes dessert. They will have you rolling out of the restaurant once you have your hands on one... and this is what I call a menu. Three pages, over 14 different desserts, not including sorbets or gelatos, coffee's, liqueur coffee or dessert cocktails.
I've had most of them, no shame.
But I can not put in words how unique and incredible this restaurant is. Service is always outstanding, never a dull moment with Sarah's team. Food is always exceptional, if you have any problems it is always sorted straight away by Jason.
Yet it's such a shame to read other reviews which are based around,
1. Weather, something they have no control over - I would never have a problem sitting outside in winter... I own a jumper.
and 2. The noise from the pizza oven? - All the times I have dined in, it has never worried me. The restaurant is not overly large neither is it small... So fitting quite a large gas-fired pizza oven in their kitchen I'm sure is not easy... and I don't expect it to sound like a normal oven.
Everyone needs to experience this for themselves.
Because you truly are dining in with Friends.

• Visited October 2013