“Great for drinks!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Brisbane
“Great for drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We had drinks at Hogs Breath two nights in a row (we had other plans for dinner).
The staff were friendly and helpful. Even remembered my chosen wine on the second night (it wasn't a house wine - I was impressed!).

The drinks were a little overpriced, but you'd be willing to overlook that with a nice view and good atmosphere for a night or two.

• Visited August 2014

“Very average ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We went in as a result of how busy it was. Staff seemed friendly enough if a little distracted. Cocktails were nice enough though a little expensive for what you got.

The starters were basic and not particularly nice. I don't need BBQ sauce on potato skins and would rather have it on the side as an option.

I did not like the steaks much at all. I'm not sure how they benefit from the long cooking they are supposed to have. Tastes to me more like they have been boiled overnight and then fried off for a minute or two. The sauces are not nice at all. Gloopy and artificial tasting, probably not msg but certainly tasted like it. It's the first steak in Australia that I have not bothered to finish.

Then the bill which was huge for this type of food. Cost us the same as Hard Rock Cafe in surfers and yet there we had three additional adults.

Will definitely not return. They did not do anything wrong we just didn't like it.

Gold Coast
“Over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Cold food, average service, staff stood around talking to each other a lot, desert was good but we were shearing due to the size of the same order of another table but ours was only half full....

“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great food great view good service kids welcome
Can go walk along beach after eaten is good for lunch or tea we been to both

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Caloundra, Australia
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We are locals and chose Hogs Breath for a family dinner out. On arrival we were ushered to the back where it became apparent 'families' are seated. We were seated directly under both the aircon and the speaker. So we were not only freezing but the music was so loud we could neither hear ourselves speak nor the wait staff. We twice requested water for the table but in the end I had to go to the bar and get it myself. I was served with 6 glasses and a bottle of water, no tray to carry them and no offer of assistance, so had to make 2 trips back and forth to the table myself . All of our steaks were over cooked, watery and full of fat. Sauces were all cold and congealed by the time the arrived at the table. Over all it was a very disappointing experience

• Visited April 2014