“Food was good, service was below par.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 142 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Food was good, service was below par.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We visited on the school holidays and they were packed. Our waitress never turned up and the manager eventually served us. While waiting for someone, 2 other couple got up and walked away. However after being served the food came out fairly quickly and was of good quality. Unfortunately 2 of us were drenched after being splashed by kids playing in the pool above the restaurant. Something was missing. We normally love going to hogs breath but would take the drive up the coast if we were in town again.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,566 helpful votes
“Excellent because its Hogs Breath, great food, good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is another Hogs Breath that I eat at as it's just down a few beaches from Noosa. but it really is for convenience and that I'm a Frequent Diner member which gets you 25% discount off your main meal that makes the price of the meal about the right price. But though I have eaten here three times I haven't ever really left feeling like I had a good time, a fun experience or a memorable evening. It was and is everything Hogs breath to all the Hogs parafanalia, plenty of movie posters and you can sit inside and watch people swim above you in the glass bottomed pool.

There's a special lunch menu and the full menu with my Favourite slow cooked steaks, my two favourites are with prawns on top, or Avocado with Bernaise sauce. If you want it a bit simpler then the blackened steak is nice. I had to have another steak with lobster as its only on for this week as a special. The curly fries with cheese sauce is delicious. The service is good but that really is it, your served, food delivered and you leave, I don't know why but it feels different than allot of other Hogs Breath restaurants I've been too. In the evening it can be cool if your outside so take that into account,excellent beach across the road with the dulcet tones of Mother Nature crashing ocean waves make for a great feed but don't go for fun, unless you can make your own. Hogs Breath Caloundra is a pleasant Restaurant with great cocktails, they, I can certainly highly recommend.

I drive down from Noosa when in town, for lunches and occasionally dinner for a pleasant evening as the beach and water views of Caloundra Harbour makes it very nice evening so when with friends this is my second choice and being Frequent Diner members gets you 25% discount off your main meal that makes the price of the meal about the right price, if you don't have the card you might think it a tad expensive.

• Visited September 2012
Caloundra, Australia
“Yummy Finger Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I have enjoyed sharing the finger food platter at Hogs Breath Cafe Caloundra, on each visit we have asked if we could have the curly fries instead of the calamari, management have always obliged at our request. The staff are very friendly, curteous and provide excellent service,and to top it all off,the view of Bulcock Beach is superb while enjoying our platter at their outdoor seating.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Went here for breakfast with a group of 7. Chose Hog's Breath based on the price of the breakfasts on offer which we all thought was very reasonable.

We were hungry and wanted to order our breakfast at the same time as our coffees - this seemed to fluster the waiter. When the coffees came out we asked which ones were double shot (which we had ordered) and the waiter said, "They're all pretty much the same." They also don't do coffees on soy or flavoured coffees.

One of the girls was lactose intolerant and tried to order a coffee on soy but couldn't so went next door to the coffee club to order a takeaway coffee - when she brought it back she was told she wasn't allowed to have it but they would let her do it 'this time'.

Some of the poached eggs were runny and others had hard yolks - overall the quality of the food was fairly inconsistent.

Next time, I'd stick to Hog's Breath for what they are good at - dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
sunny coast
“Disappointing dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Service was quick. Kids enjoyed the ribs. My husband and I both ordered their famous prime rib fillet however the steaks that arrived were extremely poor quality cuts - with large proportion of fat and gristle - not at all like the pictures in the menu or what we have previously experienced at other Hogs Breaths. Inedible. Manager passed the buck and blamed the supplier!

• Visited July 2012