“View” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

What a great way to start your day off. Great food great coffee great service and a very relaxed place to have your breaky. Very relaxing being able to eat and chat while looking out over the ocean. Thanks guys

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Gone downhill and gaining speed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Oh dear.

Saltwater used to be a lovely place to eat and drink, but recently it seems to have imploded. Coffee is dreadful, prices are sky high and previously great menu items are interfered with. Last time I went my favourite menu item came out burned with an u explained substitution. The service is vague and sooooo slooowwwww!!! They appear distracted and if their minds are on something else... I'm sorry, but the prices are utterly over the top for a beachside cafe and is not justified by the level of quality of food, poor service and casual seating. There are better places nearby. Don't intend on eating/drinking there again, a shame as it used to be good - see the other reviews for confirmation of that.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
HhDd, Owner at Saltwater at Kings, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hi there,

It was a heart breaking and a news for me to know about your bitter experience you had with Saltwater lately...

I would like to investigate the matter personally and need your help to rectify the error...

Could you please assist me the day, time , any hint who was working at the front and all?
Because , you have just not made one complaint but many.. You said, coffee was dreadful, service wasn't good and slow, prices were high, your food came burnt, and Saltwater being casual in front of the beach house restaurant...

With all due respect, i want to fix the problem before I know whether its a genuine complaint you are making here ...

Kindly provide me your phone number so that we can have a chat in person to see how we can rectify the problem you have faced..
Thanks

Hem D
caloundra
“Location !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Overlooking beautiful Kings Beach, Saltwater is an enduring restaurant serving breakfast,lunch & dinner...I recently hosted 11 locals at a wine dinner...Everyone was impressed with the food preparation & presentation...It does get a bit chaotic...but then it's very popular & deservedly so...Licensed...

Visited August 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“The last three visits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been going to Salt regularly for a few years as my parents have retired to Moffat Beach and I like to take them out to lunch on a Sunday. A few months back we had a really off meal but decided because of past experience, one off was okay. Unfortunately the next was was not good either and finally the last time I went, my mother and I ordered the seafood cannelloni and it was barely edible. We left most of the meal and did mention it to the wait staff who seemed very uninterested. I don't mind paying a high price (and this restaurant is not cheap) but I expect the food to be something special. Unfortunately, after going for several years, we will not be going back again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“beachside ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have recently moved to Caloundra and have explored the dinning options this area has on offer. the location of saltwater on kings is magnificent which is a direct comparison to the experience I have had will dinning here. the service is warm and welcoming whilst helpfull and chilled. the menu is well structured offering something for every taste and age, with prices that will not break the bank. the meals are well presented with complementing flavors and sizes that will leave you feeling satifsfied. over all a beautiful location with typical beachside ambience. will definitely be coming back.

• Visited August 2013