“Economic for the area” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
Gold Coast, Queensland
“Economic for the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Small motel in the old style. Clean and comfortable. Priced correctly at less than $100.
Short walk to eating places and a beautiful beach. Late afternoon and early morning pretty noisy but quiet overnight!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Moffat beach motel over Easter and I must say I had a really nice stay. It's great location and friendly helpful staff catered for all of my needs while I was there. Really great place to relax and unwind and the beaches are looking great again. Will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed April 2013
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here last minute over a weekend. The staff were helpful friendly & down to earth! The room was clean, neat & everything you need for a night or two stay. Queen sized bed, big flat screen tv, wifi free of charge, cold water/ tea / coffee, milk & biscuits in the room.

Remember this is a motel room not a resort so based on that I rate this high as I will be staying here again. Its a great location, a short walk to Moffats Beach.

• Stayed February 2013
moffatbeachmotel, Owner at Moffat Beach Motel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our Moffat Beach Motel - we appreciate your time and your business!

Hope to see you in Caloundra again soon....we have a new Expresso Bar @ Moffat Beach, a new playground and a new restaurant. Time for another visit?

The beaches have settled after all the Australia Day onwards weather so they are back to their beautiful condition.

Look forward to seeing you again - Dianna Mullins
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very reasonably priced room with comfy beds and plenty of space . The manager was very nice and helpful for our stay and we would deffinitly return again if need be. Also located very close to Moffat and dicky beach was very handy

• Stayed February 2013
Oakey, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

As a family we needed somewhere reasonable to stay during xmas break the rooms were very clean and tidy staff were excellent and friendly. Highly reccommend as it is quite clean and comfortable for the price

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This motel is located an easy 5 minutes from Moffat beach. While the building is dated (60s?), the rooms are clean and have contemporary fixtures and fittings.

The proximity to the main road is only an issue if you want to sleep during the day, when it is noisy, but there is hardly any traffic at night, so you do not need to worry about that.

One caveat: The car parks in front of the rooms are very small, and you will have issues with bigger cars.

I think for $90 bucks a night off-season, this motel offers a good value proposition, and we will happily return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Palmerston North
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here because I needed somewhere reasonably priced and local to the purpose of my visit. The motel is comfortable enough-though parking a car between the pillars was my challenge each day! The daily rate was good and booking was simple done both online and followed up by a phone call. The location is close to shops and also Moffat beach.
However the absentee manager was a problem for me wanting to pay for some extras before I left. The "fill in" manager did not seem to be able to meet my requests (over 2-3 days) to settle up for some phone calls--he said he couldn't access the phone system nor was he able to tell me how much the continental breakfast cost. He also did not seem to know when the actual manager would re-appear to sort this out so in the end I just left what I hoped was sufficient money to settle the account. As I needed to make several phone calls home during my stay it was also concerning that I didn't seem to be able to receive or send calls from the motel unit after the first day I was there. I ended up having several expensive international cell phone calls instead.

Room Tip: Close the windows to keep road noise down and use ther air con if its too warm.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at our Moffat Beach Motel - we appreciate your business!

It was unfortuate that you stayed when we had a technology challenged manager who avoided the computer & phone system! He was in fact not a 'fill in' manager but someone we intrusted our business to, expecting it to be run properly. I apologise for the lack of service in that regard, please try us again now that we, the owners are back to operate the motel & have an amazing replacement (Chrissy) when we are not available! We also have a staff member who lives on site that can fix anything & do after hours check ins. You won't find management lacking now that the previous manager has been encouraged to retire.

Look forward to seeing you again - Dianna Mullins

Been to Moffat Beach Motel? Share your experiences!