We chose to stay at Rumba based on the description from their website and the good reviews on Tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed. We stayed here after 7 nights on the Gold Coast but unfortunately only had 3 nights, we wished for more. Our first impressions on arriving at the resort were great, from the super friendly greeting at reception, to the great modern apartment, and the fantastic pools. This impression did not change at all during our stay.
All the staff at reception were friendly, helpful and efficient. The only negative I could say was that the reception closed fairly early each day, not that this affected us at all.
Our apartment was very modern and had everything we needed, including a washing machine and dryer, and heaps of utensils in the kitchen including that great coffee machine. However it could have used an extra couch in the living room, the one couch was just big enough for the 4 of us. The beds were very good and having the king bed was great. We didn't choose one of the ocean view rooms, but still enjoyed the view of the pools from our balcony, and as we were on the 4th floor we could see a little bit of the ocean.
The pools were fantastic, ours girls loved them and so did we. The girls (aged 7 and 10) loved the lap pool with the port holes looking into the Hogs Breath below. It was also handy to be able to get pool towels from reception.
There were a great range of restaurants, cafes and takeaways underneath the resort and within a short walk.
Our accommodation package also included a breakfast pack and a cruise, both were great and the cruise we chose was organized and booked by reception without fuss.
Overall we would highly recommend this place, and would love to come back. We also loved Caloundra, and decided it would have to be one of our favourite spots on the Sunshine Coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rumba Beach Resort brings to Caloundra the finest boutique hotel facilities. With arguably the most well-appointed guest suites on the Sunshine Coast, Rumba Resort integrates the relaxing atmosphere of a tropical resort with the convenience of being right in the heart of town. Cafes and fine dining restaurants pepper the beachfront esplanade and a network of boardwalks and coastal pathways link the main shopping precinct to the locale’s famous surf beaches and beyond.Stunning 1, 2 amd 3 bedroom guest apartments offer spa ensuites, espresso coffee machines and home theatre systems, all as standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Rumba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rumba Beach Hotel Caloundra
- Rumba Beach Resort Caloundra, Sunshine Coast, Australia