Our second visit to this lovely beachside resort, as part of a long journey down Australia's East Coast, and we were blown away that the staff remembered us and our names from when we visited on our hiking trip last year ! Elise from Housekeeping who serviced our apartment daily and kept it spick and span for us deserves special thanks for being so lovely, and we have to say that on our entire trip through Australia, this is the cleanest place we have stayed at by far.
We also booked an Ocean Apartment this time and remembered why we were mesmerized before by the beauty of this turquoise coast from our balcony. Last time we were here the boardwalk on the Esplanade in front of the Resort was still under development. This has all been completed now except for a few of the BBQ areas one block up the road , and it is a credit to the area and it's Council.
Restaurants that we ate at and can recommend around Rumba Resort were the "Sandbar Cafe" which was excellent for their fish and chips, fine wine selection, and home-made ice-cream. We went back several times for the mango and coconut which was just exceptional. "Tides" restaurant was wonderful for their seafood fine-dining, and "Amici" (off Cooma Terrace) was fabulous for its Italian, and so was La Dolce Vita at the Rumba Complex itself.
This time round the resort had bicycles for hire which was a very welcome addition for our creaking 60 yr old knees, and we cycled several times on the boardwalk to the other beaches around from the resort via the boardwalk. We are heading back to chilly NZ soon but will definitely be back this time next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rumba Beach Resort brings to Caloundra the finest boutique hotel facilities. With arguably the most well-appointed guest suites on the Sunshine Coast, Rumba Resort integrates the relaxing atmosphere of a tropical resort with the convenience of being right in the heart of town. Cafes and fine dining restaurants pepper the beachfront esplanade and a network of boardwalks and coastal pathways link the main shopping precinct to the locale’s famous surf beaches and beyond.Stunning 1, 2 amd 3 bedroom guest apartments offer spa ensuites, espresso coffee machines and home theatre systems, all as standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Rumba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rumba Beach Hotel Caloundra
- Rumba Beach Resort Caloundra, Sunshine Coast, Australia