“Fabulous Thai in Ulladulla” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous Thai in Ulladulla”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a meal here at Christmas, the Resturant was packed and we had not made a booking, that was no problem, the staff asked if we were happy to sit outside with the other on street dinner's we were more than happy with that great view of the Ulladulla harbour and the found a table, dragged it out and set it up for us. The food was wonderful and they even had our favourite Thai dessert that most Australian restaurants don't have. We were very impressed with the food and service and consider ourselves Thai food lovers.

Visited January 2013

Orange, Australia
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Little BYO restaurant with views of Ulladulla harbour. Went for lunch and was greeted by a charming young lady with a beautiful smile. I am a tragic for Thai food, I wasn't dissapointed, the food was incredibly tasty and exceptional value for money, Recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canberra, Australia
“Great Thai in Ulladulla”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have to admit, I didn't expect much. Rural, holiday-town... How good can the Thai food be here? Well, my ignorance and arrogance was smartly slapped in the face- apparently, it can be outstanding. We started with the Spicy Vegetable satay that was tempura battered vegetables, served with a satay sauce in a side bowl for dipping. The vegetables were flavoursome and the peanut satay was spicy, not chilli spicy. We also ordered the Fungi salad, that was zingy salad, serviced with two types of mushrooms. There was a small ember of warming spice in the Thai dressing and the salad's sliced chillies were served on the side, so they could be added or ignored as the whim took you.

Our main was Drunken Chicken Noodles, a wonderful dish of rice noodles with chicken and spring onions. The ingredients had all been bitten by the wok, providing that unique wok-cooked flavours experience that is disappointingly absent from so many Asian restaurants. I had a taste of a fellow diner's Chicken Satay Noodles, and they were too creamy for my taste. In contrast, the Thai Beef Salad was a balance of tangy and sharp- just the way it should be, as was the hot, spicy Tom Yum soup.

The service was friendly and efficient throughout the entire evening, until it was obvious we were leaving. It then became a clinical, clean up exercise, working around us to clear the table and get things done so the staff could leave ASAP. When you are in Ulladulla, do not hesitate to eat here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thirsk
“Disappointing Thai”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Expected really fabulous food having read other reviews but we were disappointed it didn't live up to the hype.

Visited November 2012
NSW South Coast
“Delightful flavours, well presented”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food is always delightful, the service impeccable and presentation excellent. The flavours are delicate and distinctive. They cope well with small and large groups and provide choice for vegetarians.

• Visited November 2012