“Great friendly service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Motel

Sandpiper Motel
You added Sandpiper Motel to your Saves list
Sandpiper Motel
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   78 Princes Highway, Ulladulla, Shoalhaven, New South Wales 2539, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ulladulla
Batemans Bay
“Great friendly service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here for two nights, the rooms have been nicely reburbished and was very comfortable. The owners were very friendly and accomadating to any needs. I had breakfast one morning and it really exceeded my expections, I would highly recommend the breakfast. Over all, very reasonably priced and a very pleasant experience. I would higly recommend:)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My friend and I arrived at Ulladulla at night in our drive from Melbourne to Sydney. The Sandpiper motel was, by far, the best choice in terms of quality/ price from all the places we explored in Ulladulla. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were comfy and all the facilities worked properly. On top of that, the owner was really nice, providing us with very useful tips and indications about the final part of our trip ( thanks Cathy! We loved the Sea Cliff and the final entrance to downtown Sydney was really easy with our navigator “charged and working”).
If in need of a place to stay in this area, we totally recommend the Sandpiper Motel 

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

When trying to find accommodation for one night became an impossible task I stumbled across the Sandpiper Motel. When I contacted them and enquired Cathy told me 'no problem'. I have driven past this motel for years heading further down the coast and only took a fleeting glance but I was pleasently surprised when we drove in. It appears that they are undergoing some renovations but our room was clean and had everything we required. Travelling with a 7 & 4 year old can be problematic but having a DVD player & TV that actually worked well was a welcome relief. We found the beds to be comfortable especially the pillows. Usually you find pillows to be flat and have no support what so ever well not here. The hot water & water pressure was excellent too, I really enjoyed my shower. I suppose our only complaint was we had no internet access but for one night I figured we could live without it. Next time I'll make sure it's pre-arranged (just in case Cathy and her husband grab another weekend away).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
SandpiperUlladulla, Owner at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Hi Toni, Thank you for your review. I apologise for no internet access. We have implemented a user pays system rather than a blanket 'free wifi' so that we can keep our rates down. Staff training on access codes are part of our renovation and updating Motel facilities process. Please advise me when you next book and I can pre arrange a code on your checkin form. The renovations of all rooms will be complete by end June. (Hooray !) We accept 1 night bookings all year round except we don't have checkin/checkout on Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and New years day so there are minimum nights that apply during those periods. Looking forward to welcoming you to Ulladulla again soon, Cathy.
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Firstly, Excellent impressions were made by the owner Cathy Taylor who provided a warm and welcoming experience. This was very quickly let down by the stained towels, horrid air conditioner, hard as nails bed, uncleaned state of the room and a general odour. Understood, for what we were paying, it wasn't meant to be the hilton on the south coast, but a 5 minute tidy could have made a big difference. Next, the TV wasn't tuned to any station and we were charged extra people fee's simply by having people in our room past 9pm. Room servicing missed clean towels and didn't fill up the toilet paper. We were also charged more $56 for makeup on the towels. It didn't occur however to Cathy that the towels were already pathetically stained. I'd suggest spend your money else where, with the money from additional fees we could have had a much more pleasant experience. Very Disappointing Indeed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
SandpiperUlladulla, Owner at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Mr dissapointed who is not prepared to say his name is a guest who along with his female companions stained our towels with make up (yes he also participated in red lipstick kisses on our white towels and mascara and liquid foundation- impossible to remove without the use of expensive stain removers), they had clothes and food thrown all over the room making it impossible to service. He was asked to pay for towels which he giggled about, agreed and gave credit card for payment then booked an additional 2 night stay as they liked the area. His motive for writing this review ? unknown but we are not deserving of this review. We do not allow visitors ?? or smuggled unpaying extas !! to rooms after 9pm in regard for the comfort of other guests. Any discerning travellor reading this review would most likely read between the lines and appreciate our stance. We did not receive a single complaint from this travellor or his companions during their stay. Most travellors would ask if they were unable to work the TV or radio etc and we are always happy to assist. Now that I have been made aware of Trip Advisor I thank those happy guests who brought it to my attention and Thank trip advisor for being probably the only forum in which business owners can respond to reviews. My name is Cathy Taylor and I welcome all feedback from previous guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ulladulla
Dolphin Shores Hotel
Kings Point Retreat
Kings Point Retreat
#3 of 7 in Ulladulla
4.5 of 5 stars 74 reviews

Been to Sandpiper Motel? Share your experiences!