Where to start ?
I had the displeasure of staying at this so called "resort" for six nights, we planned and paid for eight nights but after being robbed twice we thought six was enough.
I must say that 12 months ago this place was fantasic, but something has changed. To keep it simple I will just do dot points:
* No mention of the $1 per shower on the website. Having 3 children, that equated to anywhere between $7 and $10 per day just to shower. Whilst this is not a huge charge, it should be on the website or atleast advised when checking in.
* The condition of the amenities was terrible. The men's toilet in particular were disgusting, no lollies in the urinal and the water that was used to mop the floor and showers out was the same water used for the entire six nights I was there. How do I know ? because it was filthy.
* One of our party had his $1200 custom made surfboard stolen from the deck of his cabin and when reported to the front office no empathy or offer of assistance was offered.
* The opening and closing hours of the camp kitchen and pool are ridiculous. The pool for example closes at 6pm (this is the tuesday after the Australia day long weekend), considering people from Canberra are the main trade and the Canberra kids are still on holidays, and it's day light savings do you think you could pay your 13 year old lifesavers another 5 buck and keep it open until around 8 ?
* Two nights after the surfboard was stolen, by tent was entered whilst my family and I (including 3 young girls under 12) were sleeping and 2 eskies were stolen and an ipod. I am just thankful that one of my girls didn't wake up and witness this intruder. On reporting this again, no empathy to my situation. When I asked to speak to the Manager he was "off site" and unavailable. I left my number and asked that he contact me. Surely as the Manager he should be on call yeah ??
* Considering the theft and the break in to our tent, my Wife did not feel safe we we decided to leave 2 days early. On checking out I advised the front office staff of my situation and requested that because I was leaving due to a bad experience at the park could I be refunded one of the two nights costs. I was advised that was a decision she did not have authority to make and would get the Manager to contact me as soon as he returned. Needless to say it has been over two weeks now so I don't envisage him getting in contact with me.
* We left and spent the next 2 nights at the BIG 4 just up the road near the Dolphin Point shops. A much nicer and friendlier experience.
* I could not advised anyone to stay at the self appointed resort. This is very disappointing because it use to be such a nice place and we have stayed there many many times, BUT NEVER AGAIN.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.