“Friendly local cafe” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Arakoon
“Friendly local cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Always friendly service, homely atmosphere and good meals that are reasonably priced. Plenty of locals frequent this cafe and a lovely seaside venue. Don't be in a rush.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

South West Rocks, Australia
“Great Food. Slow Service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I wanted to try this place a while ago and only just got the chance to do it. Firstly, I thought atleast one of the meals we were getting were overpriced (pancakes), but the price for the smoked salmon Benedict was about what you'd expect to pay. We ordered a coffee with our meal and it took roughly 10 minutes to get to us. It was a little busy at the time but after about 50 minutes, our breakfast had still not arrived. I have never had to wait more than 30 mins for breakfast even in busy situations. I inquiried about it and was told it was being plated up. About 10 more minutes later, it came. I was pretty peeved off by this time because I was hungry and had already consumed the coffee. Despite the delay, I actually enjoyed the smoked salmon Benedict and it is what really saved this place from getting a very poor review. I like the generous serve of salmon, eggs were cooked to perfection and sauce was very nice. The pancakes were light and fluffy and went well with the scoop of ice cream. Overall I thought the food was excellent and would forgive the slow service on this occasion. I would recommend this place and I plan on returning in the near future.

• Visited June 2013