“Wholesome and Hearty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Wholesome and Hearty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Traditional Hungarian food at its best. A favourite restaurant in the winter months as you cant go past this food when its cold. Veal knuckle is amazing. Strudel is to die for if you can get a piece

Visited July 2012

Canberra, Australia
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My daughter arrived early to a barage of questions about our booking. She is 15 and was not offered somewhere to sit while she waited for us. The booking confirmation for 6 had not been received. We arrived from interstate for a double brithday celebration and were begrudgingly given a table. After being seated menus were thrust onto us prior to any drinks being ordered.That set the tone for our dinner,rush rush rush. I could understand this had it not been for the empty table that remained empty throughout the duration. I was still eating my main meal as the waiter came to clear the other plates around me. I finished my sub standard meal which consisted mainly of potato and 4 strips of veal to have the desert menu placed in front of me.I was disappointed to learn that new owners have taken over the management of this restaurant and both the quality of meals and service has gone down hill.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great food, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Corner 75 Restaurant serves great food from a menu that is both varied and 'interesting'. Unlike other reviewers, I will not speak of the authenticity of Hungarian food, having only spent a few days in Hungary, I can speak about the food as it relates to a western palate.... and it was good. As my late father would say .... 'more-some'.
We had their signature duck dish with cherry sauce. First time that I have had the combination but definitely not the last. Their Hungarian garlic bread was also very tasty. Service was both friendly and professional. The price, whilst not cheap was very reasonable.

I have had this restaurant on my bucket list for quite some time but have never made it there. We did last night and realised that it was our loss. We will be back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Griffith
“Loved Corner 75”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Family Dinner. Staff were pleasant and attentive. We had a variety of Hungarian dishes and all were tasty and cooked well. Staff were only too happy to explain what to expect with some of the dishes and sauces. When prompted the staff were only too happy to engage in conversation about Hungary and associated issues. The Hungarian beer was the icing on the cake. All things considered we had an inexpensive and pleasant experience. No-one had the duck but in the words of one famous Hungarian (sorry he was Austrian) "We'll be back"

• Visited March 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful experience, warm hospitalty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I arrived here with my girlfriend on Valentines day and the manager and the waiters were just brilliant, food was perfect, the dishes were delicious and did not take long.
We had starter: cold cherry soup & meat filled pancake, main: "Brassoi" (Veal paprika with potatoes) and pork filled with ham and pistachio. Portions were fine.
Strongly recommended for good food and kind service!

• Visited February 2013