“dissapointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Avoca Lodge

You added Avoca Lodge to your Saves list
Avoca Lodge
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   235 Avoca Street, Randwick, New South Wales NSW 2031, Australia   |
Port Macquarie, Australia
“dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

no car parking even though it was advertised that parking was available
no staff available we did all our correspondence over our own phone to the number
advertised on the closed reception
had to cancel early due to operation delay and found rates very expensive

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Queensland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Avoca Lodge has been renovated tastefully and practically. A very comfortable stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Surfers Paradise, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I arrived earlier than I had expected and asked the hotel manager if I could check in earlier. I was advised that check in was 1400 but as check out was 1000 a room could be cleaned and I could check in at 1100.
However, when I returned at 1100 I was advised by a staff member quite rudely that the manager had decided to extend the check out time of several guests and that my room was no longer available to me at 1100 but at 1400.
I was treated very rudely by staff who did seem to care about giving me any customer service. I had to go to another hotel and pay for another room!
To add further insult to injury I had booked through lastminute.com.au and complained to them and they told me that management are refusing to refund my payment. Even though I did not get to stay in the room!!
I will never stay with this group again. There rooms are not as good as they advertise anyway because the standard rooms are no where near as nice as the expensive rooms they show the pictures of. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else where you will get customer service!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
wellington, new zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed here for two nights and was super fine. Good location and was clean and tidy. Bathrooms had been updated and all was great. I would stay here again. Although rubbish and towels were not replaced each day - but I think it was a case of do it yourself.

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Excellent, clean and well managed... I stayed here over a period of 2.5 years and was always impressed. The current manager is excellent and very welcoming

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Our stay at Avoca Lodge was very good, and it is only a 10 minute walk to an amazing beach - Coogie Beach.
Avoca Lodge is situated on Avoca Street, which runs across and amazing shopping district for those looking for that sort of thing.
Buses run regularly from right outside this hotel to the city centre, and to 'Circular Quay' - the central bus and ferry terminal - which is also only a 2 minute walk from the very famous Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
The staff that we spoke to at Avoca were very helpful, and could not help us more.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Goulburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Clean and comfortable room, good security. Parking an issue. we are from the country and would have liked to be told the hospital parking was $20 per day. In our circumstances this was what we needed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Avoca Lodge? Share your experiences!